Christmas In Prague
- Duration: 6 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSXCPR
- Travel Type: Air
Discover the exceptional architecture and fascinating history of the capital of the Czech Republic on this Christmas break in Prague. A tour will introduce highlights including St Wenceslas Square and the Charles Bridge, and you'll also enjoy a lunch cruise on the Vltava River. Explore Český Krumlov in Southern Bohemia and discover the majestic Karlstejn Castle during an optional excursion.
Explore the Czech Republic's historic capital as you spend Christmas in the heart of Prague, known as the 'Golden City'.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 5 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 12 included meals: 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, including a lunch cruise & Christmas Day lunch, 5 dinners, including a welcome drink
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Discover Prague's rich history on a city tour & lunch cruise
- Guided tour of Český Krumlov
- Day 1 UK - Prague
- Today you'll fly to the capital of the Czech Republic, Prague, where we'll transfer you to your hotel. It is set in a great location in the heart of the city, so the cobbled lanes and Baroque architecture of the UNESCO-listed Old Town are within easy reach.
Get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink before dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve, Prague
- Known as the 'Golden City', Prague boasts a stunning array of impressive architecture, a rich history and fascinating traditions. Its centre is compact and easy to explore on foot, and that's what we're going to do this morning. Highlights of our sightseeing tour include the famous Wenceslas Square, the National Museum, Old Town Square, the Jewish Quarter and the 14th century Charles Bridge, which crosses the Vltava River. We then set off on a lunch cruise on the river, which flows through the heart of the city, before free time this afternoon.
You might choose to sample a beer or two with your travelling companions. Czech beer is world famous, and you'll find a huge choice of breweries and brewpubs in the city. You may also wish to visit the lovely Christmas markets here.
- Day 3 Christmas Day, Český Krumlov
- Today we head to Český Krumlov, in Southern Bohemia. This picturesque town has the Vltava River running through it, and is dominated by a grand 13th century castle. On a guided tour, we'll take in panoramic views of the Old Town and the river from the top of the castle's belltower.
- Day 4 Boxing Day, Prague
- Join today's included excursion to Prague's Castle District. As you explore in the company of your travelling companions you'll see the castle, St Vitus Cathedral, pretty gardens and more.
- Day 5 Prague - at Leisure
- You can spend today just as you please, relaxing at the hotel or exploring the city at your own pace.
However, if you'd like to discover more, we also offer an optional excursion to Karlstejn Castle, perched on a hill and surrounded by dense forest. Built by Charles IV from 1348 to 1357, its role was to protect the crown jewels of the Holy Roman Empire. Inside we'll see a replica of St Wenceslas' crown and visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross to see more than 100 panel paintings by the king's court painter.
- Day 6 Prague - UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Ambassador
- Centrally located in the pedestrian area on Wenceslas Square, Ambassador Zlata Husa Hotel is surrounded by shops and is just 50 yards from Mustek Metro Station and 450 yards from the Old Town Square. The spacious rooms at the Ambassador Zlata Husa are decorated in rich fabrics and include satellite TV and a seating area. The marble bathrooms are equipped with a spa bath and a separate shower. The Ambassador is surrounded by local restaurants, cafés and bars.
- Visit Karlstejn Castle