Christmas In Malta
There is so much to discover on the small island of Malta, which boasts a mild climate, even during the winter months. On this Christmas break you'll delve into its history as you explore cities built and fortified by the Knights of St John, take a cruise around Valletta's famous Grand Harbour and have the option to journey to its lovely sister island, Gozo.
An intriguing history and many ancient treasures are yours to discover as you explore the beautiful island of Malta on this Christmas break.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Malta
- 5 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 11 included meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 Christmas lunch with drinks, 5 dinners with unlimited drinks
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Discover the ancient harbour towns known as the Three Cities and enjoy a cruise around Valletta's Grand Harbour
- Explore the walled city of Mdina and UNESCO-listed Valletta
- Experience Malta 5D, which tells the history of the island
- Day 1 UK - Malta
- You'll depart on your flight to Malta today. On arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel in the picturesque resort of St Paul's Bay. After settling into your room, the rest of the day is free for you to spend as you please. Unlimited wine, beer, water and soft drinks are included at mealtimes.
- Day 2 Mdina & Valletta
- Join your Tour Manager on an included excursion which takes you to the centre of the island and the walled city of Mdina. Dominated by its ancient citadel, it has a unique atmosphere, and as you pass through its narrow streets you'll be able to admire its honey-hued stone buildings and hidden alleyways.
Your journey then continues to Valletta, the island's UNESCO-listed capital. Here you'll see the spectacular St Paul church and visit Malta 5D. This audio-visual show, with moving seats and more surprises, tells the fascinating 7,000-year history of the island.
Finally we'll stop at the beautiful Upper Barraka Gardens, which are laid out on part of the city's old fortifications and offer magnificent views of the famous Grand Harbour. From this viewpoint, watch the saluting battery, when a replica cannon is fired.
Explore the city at your own pace before heading back to the hotel.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve, Three Cities & harbour cruise
- Let's get out and about today on an included tour which takes in the ancient harbour towns of Vittoriosa, Cospicua and Senglea. Collectively known as the Three Cities, all were built and fortified by the Knights of St John and offer a fascinating insight into Malta's history. Sit back and relax as we drive through Cospicua to Vittoriosa, whose waterfront is home to the former Palace of the General of the Galleys and the Order of St John's Treasury. Next, take in spectacular views in Senglea, which sits on a promontory jutting out into the Grand Harbour.
We'll end the day with a cruise around Valletta's Grand Harbour to Sliema, where there's free time for some shopping.
- Day 4 Christmas Day, St Paul's Bay
- It's Christmas Day, so enjoy a relaxed day at your hotel and a special festive lunch with all the trimmings.
- Day 5 Boxing Day, St Paul's Bay - at leisure
- Today you can head to the beautiful island of Gozo via a short ferry ride if you choose to join our optional excursion. Your first stop will be the resort of Marsalforn, where you will board a trackless train for a picturesque journey. Your next stop will be Victoria, Gozo's capital, with its fascinating UNESCO-listed Citadel, and you'll end the day at Savina for a well-deserved wine-tasting.
- Day 6 Malta - UK
- Today we will transfer you to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Dolmen Resort Hotel
- The 4-star Dolmen Resort is located close to the beach in St Paul’s Bay. Hotel amenities include a choice of restaurants and bars, a café, swimming pool and a casino.
- Explore the idyllic island of Gozo