Christmas In Bavaria With Huskies
Bavaria, with its forests, snowy mountains and real-life gingerbread houses, is the perfect Christmas destination. Celebrate with mulled wine, an evening feast and an enchanting encounter with huskies that you’ll remember forever.
Forests, snowy mountains, real-life gingerbread houses and an encounter with huskies: this Bavarian adventure is the perfect way to spend Christmas.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 4 nights in a 3-star hotel
- 8 meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners including a five-course Christmas Eve gala dinner & welcome drink
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Christmas Eve snow bar with mulled wine & cake
- Get into the festive spirit with a five-course dinner on Christmas Eve
- Bavarian forest treetop walk
- Torch-lit hike
- Husky sledding including a campfire & local Bavarian snacks
- Day 1 UK – Bodenmais
- Today you will fly to Munich from the UK and transfer to your hotel in Bodenmais. Enjoy a welcome drink with your travel companions before having dinner together in the hotel.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve, Bodenmais
- Today, settle into your surroundings in the Bavarian town of Bodenmais. The town lies at the foot of the Arber mountain and is the perfect place to wander enjoying the fresh air and scenery. We will visit Joska Crystal World, a glassblower founded in 1960, where you can pick up handmade crystal souvenirs and try your hand at glassblowing.
This afternoon, why not get into the festive spirit and enjoy a glass of steaming hot glühwein and cookies at the hotel's snow bar. Take in views of your glorious surroundings before enjoying a five-course Christmas Eve dinner.
- Day 3 Christmas Day, Passau & the Bavarian Forest
- This morning we will take a guided tour of Passau, a beautiful city on the Danube known for its baroque architecture. Then, we'll head into the snow-dusted Bavarian forest and take a walk through this magical winter wonderland on one of the longest treetop walks in the world. Level with the tops of the tallest trees in the forest, some of which are 38-metres high, we’ll be treated to fantastic views of stunning scenery, and if it’s a clear day, see as far as the Alps. Afterwards, we’ll head back to the hotel for dinner, before taking a Christmas torchlit walk around the hotel grounds.
- Day 4 Boxing Day, Husky Ranch
- Our Boxing Day activity is a real treat as we visit a husky ranch and meet the sled dogs. We'll learn about the dogs and how they are trained, and then climb aboard for a thrilling ride through the glistening scenery of the Bavarian Forest. You'll be amazed by the sound of silence as you glide across the crisp white snow. Afterwards, we'll warm up with a hot drink around the campfire.
Dinner is served back at the hotel this evening.
- Day 5 Bodenmais – UK
- We'll depart for the airport in Munich after breakfast for your flight back to the UK.
- Ferienhotel Rothbacher Hof
- This traditional hotel features a restaurant serving Bavarian specialities, bar, beer garden, wellness area and sauna. Guest rooms have private facilities, TV, tea/coffee-making facilities, mini-bar, TV and hairdryer.