Christmas In Andalucia
Spend the festive period in Andalucia and discover the real Spain from your base in the pretty whitewashed village of Mijas. Discover Picasso's birthplace, Malaga, visit the clifftop town of Ronda and discover hilltop Frigiliana, a picturesque village in the Almijara Mountains. A tour of Nerja, with its sandy beach, and a festive meal on Christmas Day complete this getaway to southern Spain.
Spend the festive period in Andalucia, an enthralling destination that proudly showcases the real Spain.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with easyJet
- A dedicated Just You Representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 8 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 16 meals: 8 breakfasts, 8 dinners including a festive Christmas Day dinner with wine, farewell dinner & welcome drink
- Flamenco show one evening during your stay
- Overseas transfers & other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Explore the cliff-top town of Ronda
- Christmas day gala dinner with a 2 hour open bar
- Visit picturesque Frigiliana & the coastal resort of Nerja
- Discover idyllic Mijas & vibrant Malaga
- Day 1 UK - Mijas
- You will fly to Malaga today. On arrival, we'll transfer to our hotel in Mijas, where we'll enjoy dinner in the hotel's restaurant this evening.
- Day 2 Granada
- Spend today at leisure, or join our optional full-day excursion to Granada and the world-famous Alhambra Palace. Standing high on a hill overlooking the city, the palace was built by the Moors in the 13th and 14th centuries and has been added to over time to become a magnificent complex of pink stone courtyards, pools, fountains, grand halls and cool patios.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve, Ronda
- The clifftop town of Ronda is our destination on Christmas Eve. Enjoying a spectacular location on a towering plateau, the town is divided by El Tajo, a precipitous gorge more than 600ft deep. On one side of the gorge stands the old Moorish town of La Ciudad, with the more modern El Mercadillo part of town on the other. El Tajo is spanned by the 18th century Puente Nuevo Bridge, and we'll take in the fabulous views from here and look down to the waters of the River Guadalevin below.
- Day 4 Christmas Day, Frigiliana & Nerja - Frigiliana & Nerja
- It's Christmas Day and the beautiful hilltop village of Frigiliana, situated in the foothills of the Almijara Mountains, is the first stop on our included excursion. Easily explored on foot, this picturesque village is a maze of cobbled streets and its historic centre has a distinctively Moorish appearance. We'll have time to explore its winding alleyways and perhaps shop for local handicrafts such as ceramics and lace. Next we'll head to Nerja, with its lovely sandy beaches and hidden coves. Once a sleepy fishing village, its old quarter remains virtually unchanged, with narrow winding streets lined with whitewashed houses and wrought-iron terraces overflowing with fragrant geraniums. Back at the hotel we'll get together for a festive Christmas Day dinner with wine.
- Day 5 Boxing Day, Mijas
- Enjoy some time to relax on Boxing Day. Maybe you'll decide to have a leisurely day at the hotel, or perhaps you'll wander around Mijas with your fellow travellers.
- Day 6 Mijas & Malaga
- After breakfast we'll set off to explore the vibrant city of Malaga, famed as the birthplace of artist Picasso. Enveloped by 3,000 years of history, its highlights include the elaborate cathedral and Alcazaba, a palace-fortress which dates back to the Moorish period. Next we will explore the village of Mijas, nestled in the foothills of the Sierra de Mijas Mountains, where we'll explore its cobbled streets lined with pretty whitewashed houses decorated with brightly coloured bougainvillea, lavender and jasmine flowers. From here, the views towards the coast are simply stunning, so remember to bring your camera!
- Day 7 Gibraltar
- Explore at your own pace today, or join our optional full-day excursion to Gibraltar. If you wish, there will be time to ride the cable car to the top of 'The Rock' and see the famous Barbary apes that call this British colony home.
- Day 8 Mijas
- Enjoy a free day to relax, or maybe venture back into Mijas with your fellow travellers to discover its historic sights, such as the oval bullring and the Church of San Sebastian, noted for its wonderful façade. It's the final day of our holiday, so we'll enjoy a farewell get-together this evening.
- Day 9 Mijas - UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel TRH Mijas
- The 4-star Hotel Mijas in Mijas is built in traditional style and offers breathtaking views of the sea.
Enjoy the stunning views looking out to the Mediterranean Sea whilst relaxing by the pool. There’s a snack bar located in the swimming pool area to enjoy a refreshing drink and the hotel café bar boasts a panoramic terrace while the solarium terrace has umbrellas and deck chairs for you to enjoy the Spanish sunshine.
All bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV and hairdryer.
Please Note: The hotel is set on an incline, therefore there are a number of steps within the hotel and grounds. There is a lift available to certain floors.
Other hotel facilities include;
- Health and Beauty club equipped with gym
- Sauna and massage treatment rooms
- Laundry services
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24 Hour reception
- Granada including Alhambra Palace (pre-bookable only)