Christmas In A French Chateau
Christmas in a French Chateau - Solo Tour
There are few better places to spend the festive season than the Savoie region of France. Enjoy a Christmas that involves historic sightseeing, French cuisine, picturesque markets and mountain lakes.
There are few better places to spend the festive season than the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of France. Enjoy a Christmas that involves historic sightseeing, French cuisine, picturesque markets and mountain lakes.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- 5 nights half board in a 3-star hotel
- 11 meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 festive Christmas Day lunch, 5 dinners
- Specialist Local Guides
- Welcome drink
Visit the historic city of Lyon
Explore the Christmas markets of Chambery
Discover the beauty of Lake Annecy
- Day 1 UK to Challes-les-Eaux
- Today you'll fly to Geneva, where on arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel in Challes-les-Eaux. Unpack, explore and relax in the scenic surroundings of this atmospheric retreat before meeting your fellow travellers over a welcome drink and dinner.
- Day 2 Lyon
- Our first stop will be the city of Lyon, where we'll learn all about its history on a guided tour. Its highlights include the magnificent Cathédrale Saint-Jean-Baptiste, which took more than three centuries to build, and the ancient Roman Theatre from Lyon's era as the city of Lugdunum. You're free to enjoy lunch if you wish during free time this afternoon.
We'll gather together as a group this evening for dinner back at the hotel.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve Chambery
- Chambéry's historic centre is enchanting, with high-walled alleyways, spacious plazas and a grand château in the heart of the city. Today you'll get to explore some of its festive markets, the perfect activity for Christmas Eve. Browse for a last-minute gift and maybe enjoy some delicious snacks, although make sure you save room for a festive dinner this evening.
- Day 4 Christmas Day Challes-les-Eaux
- Today is Christmas Day, and it's all about you – so take your time in the morning, enjoying a leisurely breakfast. Food will be at the heart of the day's celebrations, so we're going to have a big festive lunch together, before a free afternoon and a light dinner that we'll enjoy together this evening. If you're lucky, you can gaze out of the windows at a white Christmas.
- Day 5 Boxing Day Lake Annecy
- The drive up to Lake Annecy is a spectacular one, winding up into the mountains before following the edge of the river. We'll stop in the town of Annecy, where you're free to go where your mood takes you. We recommend strolling around the quaint Christmas markets or taking a tour of the historic Palais de l'Île, a medieval structure that's been the home of both prisoners and nobles.
In the evening, we'll gather for a final dinner in our enchanting hotel.
- Day 6 Challes-les-Eaux to UK
- Enjoy one final breakfast in the hotel before we transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Chateau des Comtes de Challes