Christmas & New Year In Malta
Malta Christmas & New Year Holiday for Singles
There is so much to discover on the small island of Malta, which boasts a mild climate, even during the winter months. On this festive break which takes in both Christmas and New Year, you'll delve into its fascinating history and admire its natural wonders. Explore cities built and fortified by the Knights of St John, take a cruise around Valletta's Grand Harbour, discover the famous Mosta church and admire the beauty of the Blue Grotto caves. You can also choose to spend a day on Malta's sister island, Gozo and see in the New Year at a sparkling gala dinner.
Unravel the fascinating history and natural wonders of Malta and its sister island Gozo as you celebrate Christmas and New Year on these delightful islands.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Malta
- 10 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 21 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 Christmas lunch, 10 dinners with drinks including New Year's Eve gala dinner with live entertainment
- Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Three Cities harbour cruise
- Valletta tour
- Discover the walled city of Mdina
- Visit the Blue Grotto & Marsaxlokk fishing village
- Day 1 UK to Malta
- You'll fly to Malta today, and on arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel in the lovely resort of St Paul's Bay.
Settle in and then get to know your travelling companions over dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Three Cities & harbour cruise
- Today's included excursion takes us to Vittoriosa, Cospicua and Senglea. Collectively known as the Three Cities, all were built and fortified by the Knights of St John and offer a fascinating insight into Malta's history. Sit back and relax as we drive through Cospicua to Vittoriosa, whose waterfront is home to the former Palace of the General of the Galleys and the Order of St John's Treasury. Next, take in spectacular views in Senglea, which sits on a promontory jutting out into the Grand Harbour. We'll end the day with a cruise around Valletta's Grand Harbour to Sliema, where there's free time for some shopping.
- Day 3 Christmas Day St Paul's Bay
- It's Christmas Day, so enjoy a relaxing morning at the hotel. Later, we'll gather for a festive Christmas lunch with all the trimmings and you can spend the rest of the day as you please, either enjoying the hotel's facilities or perhaps you'll head out for a stroll with your travelling companions. Dinner is served back at the hotel this evening.
- Day 4 Boxing Day Gozo
- You can choose to spend today at your hotel or exploring St Paul's Bay at your own pace. Alternatively, you can join our optional excursion to Malta's sister island Gozo, which we'll reach by a short ferry crossing. Your first stop will be the resort of Marsalforn, where you will board a trackless train for a picturesque journey through scenic countryside. Your next stop will be Victoria, Gozo's capital, with its fascinating UNESCO-listed Citadel, and you'll end the day at the Savina Creativity Centre. Part of the Magro Food Village, here you'll enjoy a tour and learn all about Maltese cooking. You'll also get to sample some local delicacies and watch skilled craftsmen at work.
- Day 5 Mosta & Mdina
- We'll explore the centre of the island today on an included excursion which begins in Mosta village. The church here boasts a spectacular dome modelled on Rome's Pantheon, and it became famous during the Second World War when a bomb crashed through the dome but miraculously failed to explode. Inside you can see the damage caused and even view a replica of the 200kg bomb.
Next we'll head to the medieval walled town of Mdina, where we'll stroll through its narrow cobbled streets lined with honey-hued stone buildings .
- Day 6 St Paul’s Bay
- You can spend today just as you please. Perhaps you'll head to the hotel's fitness centre, or explore St Paul's Bay in the company of your travelling companions.
- Day 7 Valletta
- Malta's capital Valletta is all ours to explore on today's included tour. Highlights include the Upper Barracca Gardens from where you can take in impressive views over the famous Grand Harbour, and a visit to Malta 5D. This audio-visual show, with moving seats and more surprises, tells us all about the fascinating 7,000-year history of the island.
- Day 8 St Paul’s Bay
- Once again, the day is yours to spend as you wish at your hotel.
- Day 9 New Year’s Eve Blue Grotto & Marsaxlokk
- Today's included excursion will take us to the south of Malta. Here, we'll see the famous Blue Grotto, a natural cave system surrounded by azure waters. There's time to take an optional boat ride through the caves, before we head to the pretty fishing village of Marsaxlokk for a stroll.
Back at the hotel, we'll gather together this evening for a New Year's Eve gala dinner with live entertainment.
- Day 10 New Year’s St Paul’s Bay
- If you had a late night you'll enjoy a relaxed New Year's Day at your hotel.
- Day 11 Malta to UK
- We'll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK today.
- DB San Antonio Hotel & Spa
- Located in the northern part of Malta in the heart of Qawra, St. Paul''s Bay, overlooking the stunning clear Mediterranean Sea and only 15km from the capital city, Valetta.
Hotel rooms feature a balcony, air-conditioning, satellite TV, free WiFi, a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a safe. All rooms have the option of a sea view, pool view or inland view.
Other hotel facilities include a selection of restaurants and bars and a swimming pool (typically open May-Sept). You can hire pool towels, and you will just be required to pay a deposit for each towel. The hotel has its own entertainment programme and a fitness club.
Tour of GozoBack to top