Canada & The Rocky Mountaineer
This 12-day tour takes you on an exciting journey from Calgary to Vancouver, with dramatic scenery and thrilling wildlife the norm. Discover the huge pine forests, snow-capped peaks and crystal-clear lakes of Banff National Park, where there are surprises around every picturesque corner, then admire dazzling Lake Louise – a sparkling beauty set amongst towering mountains. A trip on the Banff-Jasper Highway gives you the chance to explore the Great Columbia Icefield, before arrival at Jasper, home to a breathtaking national park. You'll then board the famous Rocky Mountaineer train for a two-day journey like no other. Take in spectacular views of canyons, mountains, rivers and waterfalls in comfort, and then end your holiday in Vancouver. Said to boast one of the most beautiful settings in the world, see if you agree with a four-night stay here.
A spectacular journey on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer train is the ultimate experience to carry you through Canada’s spectacular highlights, from sparkling Lake Louise to beautiful Vancouver.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return direct flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 10 nights in hotels of a great standard plus 1 night in flight
- 14 included meals: 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner including welcome dinner & drink & farewell drink
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Scenic Rail: Two-day journey on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer
- Banff sightseeing
- Lake Louise
- Jasper, Maligne Lake & Maligne Canyon
- Vancouver & Stanley Park
- Enjoy gourmet treats at Granville Island’s Market
- Day 1 UK - Calgary
- We’ll fly to Calgary today, where we’ll transfer you to your hotel in downtown Calgary. The rest of the day is free for you to spend at leisure.
- Day 2 Calgary - Banff
- Today you'll transfer to Banff for a sightseeing tour of Banff National Park. In Banff National Park's huge pine forests, black and grizzly bears still roam free and the area is home to spectacular sights such as wondrous snow-capped peaks, crystal-clear lakes, sparkling streams and rugged canyons with crashing waterfalls. Our tour today includes visits to the Hoodoos, Surprise Corner and Bow Falls, and you might opt to take a ride on the Banff Gondola. This evening we'll get together for dinner.
- Day 3 Lake Louise
- Lake Louise – a glacial jade-green lake high in the mountains, surrounded on all sides by towering peaks – is often described as the most beautiful place in Canada. Our included excursion to the lake today gives you the chance to see if you agree.
- Day 4 Banff - Jasper
- The Banff-Jasper Highway reaches almost 7,000ft above sea level at points and is flanked by great mountain ranges soaring to more than 11,000ft. As we head along this magnificent highway to Jasper, a stop at the Great Columbia Icefield provides an opportunity to take an Ice Explorer ride across the Athabasca Glacier.
- Day 5 Jasper
- The former railroad town of Jasper is now home to the breathtakingly beautiful Jasper National Park. On this morning's tour we'll view the turquoise waters of Maligne Lake, set in a canyon and ringed by snow- and ice-capped mountains.During free time this afternoon you could choose to take an optional river raft ride, and in the evening there's the chance to take a walk on the wild side with an optional nature walk.
- Day 6 Rocky Mountaineer - Kamloops
- What a treat we have in store today as we board the famous Rocky Mountaineer train for a fabulous two-day journey to Kamloops and Vancouver.
The first leg of our journey takes us from Jasper in the Canadian Rockies to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia. Sit back and relax and take in the dramatic scenery of the Continental Divide and the river valleys of the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains. Special highlights will be views of Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies at 3,954 metres, and the stunning Pyramid Falls, which descend from a hanging valley and are a truly remarkable sight. We'll also climb over Yellowhead Pass and along the North Thompson River as we approach Kamloops for an overnight stay.Just as impressive as the scenery will be your surroundings on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer. Relax in comfort as your onboard host shares stories about life in the Rockies and you and your companions enjoy SilverLeaf service, which includes breakfast and lunch served at your seat and complimentary snacks and drinks, including wine, beer and spirits, as you take in the unbelievable views.
- Day 7 Rocky Mountaineer - Vancouver
- We rejoin the train for a journey towards the Pacific Ocean and the coastal city of Vancouver. From the comfort of our carriage we'll see dramatic changes in scenery as we pass by winding river canyons, pristine forest and dramatic mountains.
We'll follow the Fraser River, renowned as the home of British Columbia's largest salmon fishing run – when salmon that have migrated from the ocean, swim to the upper reaches of the river to spawn – so keep your eyes peeled for grizzly bears trying to pluck a catch from the water.Hell's Gate is another highlight, when the river narrows abruptly forcing the water to gush through a 35-metre wide passage.
- Day 8 Vancouver
- Boasting one of the most beautiful settings in the world, Vancouver is surrounded by mountains, forests and delightful islands. On our sightseeing tour we'll take in Chinatown, Gas Town, the remarkable 1,000-acre Stanley Park with its famous totem poles and the magnificent harbour.Granville Island is a huge draw for locals and tourists alike, thanks to its theatres, restaurants and shops. The highlight for most is the indoor public market with stalls selling gourmet delicacies, baked goods and seafood. We have organised a light lunch of sweet and savoury samples to tantalize your tastebuds.
- Day 9 Vancouver - at Leisure
- Victoria on Vancouver Island can be reached by ferry, and if you choose to join an optional excursion, that’s how we’ll reach the capital of British Columbia. On our city tour you’ll be able to admire the architecture here and see how its British Victorian heritage is perfectly preserved. More highlights include the marvellous Butchart Gardens – 50 acres of spectacular floral displays and emerald-coloured lawns. We’ll also visit the Parliament Building and the classic Empress Hotel, sitting next to Victoria’s sparkling harbour.
- Day 10 Vancouver - at leisure
- Vancouver’s North Shore, featuring the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain, is well worth a visit and you can do so on an optional excursion if you wish. A farewell drink with your fellow travellers this evening will bring y our tour to a perfect end.
- Days 11 & 12 Vancouver - UK
- You'll fly back to the UK on day 11, arriving in the UK on day 12.
- Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Downtown
- The Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Downtown hotel is set in trendy East Village, just steps from Calgary''s business district, city agencies and beautiful urban parks. Hotel amenities include indoor swimming pool and fitness centre with gym. Rooms include air conditioning, coffee/tea-maker, microwave and flat-screen TV.
- Mount Royal Hotel
- Perfectly situated downtown in the very heart of Banff and overlooking the mountains, this historic hotel
has been situated here since 1908. The hotel has been completely updated this winter inspired by the history of the hotel and the area.
Warm, relaxed rooms and suites benefit from a desk area, complimentary high speed Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, kettle and coffee machine, smart TV, hairdryer, safe and iron.
There are four dining options at the hotel including Tony Roma''s restaurant, a guest lounge and Toque Canadian Pub. Additionally the hotel boasts a library, and roof top lounge with outdoor hot tubs.
- Best Western Plus Hinton Inn & Suites
- Lobstick Lodge
- The Lobstick Lodge in Jasper is a comfortable hotel in a lovely setting, boasting a lovely outdoor patio area.
Hotel facilities include an indoor pool and fitness centre. Bedrooms have private facilities, TV, minifridge, hairdryer and Wi-Fi.
- Kamloops Hotel
- Your hotel in Kamloops this evening is arranged by Rocky Mountaineer and will be advised when you board the train.
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
- Sheraton Vancouver is centrally located with facilities such as restaurants, bar and café. Other hotel facilities include health club and shop.
Ride the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain
Rockies Helicopter flight
Athabasca Glacier Ice Explorer
Jasper river raft ride
Evening nature walk in Jasper
Capilano Suspension Bridge Park & Grouse Mountain on Vancouver’s North Shore
Victoria sightseeing & Butchart Gardens