Back To Ski In Austria
Austrian Alps Ski Break for Solo Travellers
Travel to the idyllic village of Zell am Ziller in Western Austria for eight days of winter wonderment, as you breathe in the crisp alpine air and aim to carve the perfect turn. An ideal choice for beginners and those coming back to ski, Zell am Ziller is the gateway to the stunning ski area 'Zillertal Arena', the largest of the Zillertal valley, with 143km of slopes and 52 lifts. Home to the longest natural toboggan run, Zell am Ziller offers more than your average snowy adventure. From cross-country ski runs to an alpine rollercoaster and traditional spas to authentic restaurants, whatever your preferred exercise, level of ability or favoured entertainment, there's sure to be something to suit.
If you're a complete beginner or you haven't been skiing for a while and want to rediscover your ski legs, why not join us on this wonderful Austrian ski adventure.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Ski Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners.
- 6-day lift pass for Zillertal Superski
- 6-day equipment hire including ski helmet
- 3 days of ski school, 2 hours per day
- Hosted skiing with your Just You Ski Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
Dedicated Ski Tour Manager as your ski host
Traditional handpicked 4-Star hotel in the heart of the village of Zell am Ziller
Learn to ski or brush up on your technique at a dedicated ski school
Spend 6 days skiing in one of Austria's most popular ski areas
Sample traditional homemade Tyrolean cuisine
Enjoy the social atmosphere with your fellow skiers
Soak up the charming ambiance of a traditional Austrian village
- Day 1 UK to Zell am Ziller
- Today you'll fly to Austria and your Just You Ski Tour Manager will meet you at the airport on arrival and transfer you to your hotel in Zell am Ziller. Like all our hotels, your accommodation has been handpicked for its excellent location, right in the village square, as well as its facilities, comfort and style. You'll also have the reassurance of a room of your own, so you can retreat to your little haven whenever you feel the need.
Your Ski Tour Manager will help you to collect your ski equipment and lift pass, so you are ready for ski school first thing in the morning. Then you can take time to unpack and settle in.
Located in the Zillertal Valley at an altitude of 580m above sea level, Zell am Ziller has a variety of on-piste possibilities, this quaint village has an excellent freizeitpark, or leisure park, which offers activities such as ice-skating, curling, indoor tennis and bowling.
This evening, you can get to know to your fellow skiers and your Ski Tour Manager over a welcome drink in the hotel's bar. You can ask any quesions you have, then enjoy a glass of local Zillertal beer with your new friends as you look forward to what tomorrow may bring. Following this, dinner will be served in the hotel's restaurant, whose chefs focus on traditional Tyrolean cuisine.
- Day 2 Ski School
- Start the day with a hearty breakfast made exclusively using ingredients from the local farm. Your Ski Tour Manager will then accompany you to ski school for the first of your sessions.
First you'll be assigned to a group according to your level of skiing – this is so we can be certain that you'll get the most out of your time here. After two hours of skiing, we'll meet up and head to a local restaurant where you can enjoy a light lunch and the opportunity to chat about your morning with your new friends.
Your afternoon is then free for you to do whatever you wish. For those who want to ski more, your Ski Tour Manager will organise this for you - there are plenty of nice easy runs where you can build your confidence. If you would rather experience a more relaxing afternoon, feel free to head back to the hotel and enjoy a herbal steam bath, massage or sauna in the onsite spa.
After your first day of skiing you'll be ready for a well-earned drink either in the après ski bar or the hotel bar. Dinner will be served once again in the restaurant, where recipes passed down through generations will be on the menu.
- Days 3-4 Ski School
- Over the next two days you can continue with ski school in the morning, and in the afternoon you can enjoy all this lovely region has to offer. Whether you want to brush up on your technique from your ski school sessions or are looking to ski with your group of new-found friends, the choice is all yours. If you prefer to venture off and explore the stunning mountain scenery yourself, you are very welcome.
Your Ski Tour Manager will arrange various meeting points throughought the day, so whatever you get up to you can meet with the rest of the group for lunch or an après ski drink.
- Days 5-7 Skiing
- Your Ski Tour Manager will be on hand to help you get the most out of your remaining time on the slopes.
If you would like to continue with ski school, we will help organise this for you locally. Alternatively, if you are ready to hit the slopes, you can do so independently or with our Ski Tour Manager - it's totally up to you. Your Ski Tour Manager can ski with up to 10 people at a time and will help you plan your day.
With 52 lifts available, you can quickly and comfortably travel from an altitude of 580m to 3,350m, and with 143km of beautiful pristine slopes, you'll have more than enough runs to choose from.
If you'd prefer a day off skiing, there are many more activities for you to enjoy off the slopes. From sledging to ice-skating, curling to snowshoe trekking, this winter paradise has so much to offer.
In the evening we'll meet up for drinks at the hotel bar before enjoying dinner in the restaurant.
- Day 8 Zell am Ziller to UK
- Your adventure comes to an end as you share breakfast with your new-found ski friends in the hotel restaurant. We'll then transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Brau
- An Alpine Style 4-star Hotel set on the village square in Zell im Zillertal with all the modern comforts you need! Hotel "Bräu" is a tasteful hotel which has retained the charm and charisma of its 500 year history. The wellness centre has a finnish sauna, herbal steam bath 2 whirlpools and treatment rooms. Enjoy the tasteful atmosphere at a hotel full of tradition and flair. A tasteful, comfortable room with a bath/WC or shower/WC, satellite TV, phone, hair dryer, safe, seating corner.