An Austrian Ski Adventure
Travel to the idyllic Austrian village of Zell am Ziller, where you'll stay in a family-run Tyrolean hotel. Located at the heart of the fantastic ski area, the Zillertal Arena, the village is surrounded by stunning scenery and you'll enjoy pristine slopes and laid-back après ski. Discover the magic of the Zillertal region, which hosts 143 kilometres of skiing and a 7-kilometre-long toboggan run and then top it all off with decadent Tyrolean cuisine. Our Austrian Ski Adventure is your chance to enjoy fresh mountain air, sociable skiing, and if you fancy a challenge we'll find that for you too.
The idyllic village of Zell am Ziller lies at the heart of the fantastic ski area, the Zillertal Arena. With 143 kilometres of slopes to explore, there's something for everyone including a floodlit toboggan run.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Ski Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners
- Welcome drink
- 6-day full area lift pass for Zillertal Superski, providing access to 143 kilometres of slopes
- Hosted skiing with your Just You Ski Tour Manager & Local Guide
- Overseas transfers
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports.
Dedicated Ski Tour Manager as your ski host
Traditional handpicked 4-Star hotel in the heart of the village of Zell am Ziller
Spend 6 days skiing in one of Austria's most popular ski areas
Sample traditional homemade Tyrolean cuisine
Enjoy the social atmosphere with your fellow skiers
Soak up the charming ambiance of a traditional Austrian village
- Day 1 UK to Zell am Ziller
- Today, you'll fly to Innsbruck with your fellow travellers. After sharing the excitement of your upcoming ski holiday together, you'll touch down and board a coach to the quaint, typically Austrian Bräu Hotel in the heart of Zell am Ziller. This peaceful alpine village sits 580 metres above sea level, so there'll be no shortage of invigorating alpine air.
Zell am Ziller is perfectly placed at the gateway to the sublime ski area, the Zillertal Arena. It is the largest skiing area in the Zillertal Valley, boasting 143 kilometres of slopes and 52 state-of-the-art ski lifts. Whether you're cruising the blues or you're a seasoned skiing superstar in pursuit of more challenging red runs, Zell am Ziller has it all. You're almost guaranteed a winter wonderland, as the Zillertal region has a fantastic snow record.
Today, you'll be given your lift pass, ready for tomorrow's adventures on the slopes. Your Ski Tour Manager will be able to answer any questions you may have and show you how to get the most out of your week's skiing.This evening, you'll get to know your fellow travellers better over a welcome drink in the cosy Bräu Bar. Why not try a crisp, golden Zillertal beer from the hotel's heritage Tyrol brewery? We'll then indulge in a delicious dinner of traditional Tyrolean cuisine in the Bräu restaurant. Each meal is lovingly created using family recipes handed down through the generations. You'll always have your own private twin or double room, a calming haven where you can relax after a day on the slopes.
- Day 2 First day on the slopes
- After a hearty breakfast made from ingredients sourced, where possible, from the hotel's farm, you're sure to be raring to go. Your Ski Tour Manager will take you to the pistes for the first time and you'll also meet your expert Local Guide, who will be available three mornings this week to help you and the group get to know the area.
After the morning's skiing, we will all head for lunch at a mountain hut and plan our afternoon. You'll have an endless choice of trails to choose from if you set off independently.
As our first day of skiing comes to an end, we'll meet up for an après-ski drink on our way back to the hotel. We'll then get together again for dinner, chat about the day's events and plan tomorrow's ski adventure.
- Days 3-7 Skiing
- On this holiday, everyone will have the chance to ski in a small group accompanied by the Ski Tour Manager. Venturing onto the slopes with your fellow travellers, you're certain to pick up some tips on how to carve the perfect turn. If you'd like to get back to basics or refine your technique further, you can also join optional Ski School masterclasses each morning to gain the confidence to tackle challenging downhill runs.
Your Ski Tour Manager will organise a meeting point at lunchtime, so you can all catch up over a tasty meal. If you are hungry to explore further, they will be able to suggest some fantastic routes for you to try in the afternoon – miles of unspoilt natural beauty await you.
There's plenty to keep you entertained on this holiday. Enjoy all the delights the spectacular Zillertal Valley has to offer – try out the world's longest natural toboggan ride, go snowshoe trekking and join invigorating cross-country ski runs. Austria's spectacular mountain scenery is just like a Christmas card brought to life.
If you'd prefer a day away from the slopes, why not go hiking in the hills and breathe in the fresh mountain air. Zell am Ziller is also home to the Freizeitpark Zell, a leisure park where you can try out indoor winter sports including ice skating and curling. The park also houses a modern bowling alley, ideal for an evening out with new-found friends.
After all that adrenaline, you'll be ready for an après-ski drink in one of the rustic ski huts dotted throughout the arena. Head to the Bräu Spa – a sanctuary complete with a Finnish sauna – to pamper yourself with an invigorating massage. Rest your tired muscles in thermal whirlpools and relax in the herbal steam baths.Dinner will be served each night in one of the Bräu hotel's historic parlours, decorated with oil paintings and original blacksmith lamps. Over dinner, your Ski Tour Manager will help you plan for the next day's adventure.
- Day 8 Zell am Ziller to UK
- We'll enjoy a final breakfast at the hotel and reflect on the memories we've shared together before heading to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Brau
- An Alpine Style 4-star Hotel set on the village square in Zell im Zillertal with all the modern comforts you need! Hotel "Bräu" is a tasteful hotel which has retained the charm and charisma of its 500 year history. The wellness centre has a finnish sauna, herbal steam bath 2 whirlpools and treatment rooms. Enjoy the tasteful atmosphere at a hotel full of tradition and flair. A tasteful, comfortable room with a bath/WC or shower/WC, satellite TV, phone, hair dryer, safe, seating corner.