America's Western Wonders
- Duration: 18 days
- Board Basis: Bed & Breakfast
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSUAWW
- Travel Type: Air
West Coast USA Tour for Singles
Experience incredible natural and man-made wonders on this epic tour. Starting in Los Angeles, you'll see highlights including the TCL Chinese Theatre and have the chance to visit Warner Bros Studios. Enjoy a stay in San Diego, a city perched on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, then take a journey through the Arizona Desert. A visit to the Grand Canyon is an amazing trip of a lifetime, and an optional flight over comes highly recommended. You'll travel along a section of Route 66 to the neon-lit wonderland of Las Vegas before heading back to California through the Mojave Desert. The highlights keep on coming as you explore Yosemite National Park, then cross San Francisco's famous Golden Gate Bridge for a two-night stay in this vibrant city. Now it's time to slow the pace a little as you journey along one of America's most picturesque routes, the Pacific Coast Highway, and enjoy beautiful Long Beach.
This epic tour is full of incredible highlights as you visit iconic cities, explore the awesome Grand Canyon, drive along Route 66 and a section of the scenic Pacific Coast Highway to lovely Long Beach.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from London Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 16 nights in hotels of a great standard plus 1 night in flight
- 16 breakfasts
- Specialist Local Guides
- Welcome & farewell drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- City tours of Los Angeles & San Diego
- Santa Monica
- Visit the iconic Grand Canyon
- Explore Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco city tour
- Visit Monterey & Carmel
- Drive along the scenic 17 Mile Drive
- Day 1 UK to Los Angeles
- Fly to Los Angeles today, where you'll stay for two nights. Join your travelling companions for an included drink this evening.
- Day 2 Los Angeles
- We'll get to know Los Angeles today on an included morning sightseeing tour of this sprawling city. Highlights include Hollywood, where we'll see the TCL Chinese Theatre, whose courtyard features the hand and footprints of more than 200 stars of stage and screen. This afternoon we offer an optional excursion to Warner Bros Studios. On a behind-the-scenes tour you'll discover the secrets of Hollywood past and present and see how hit TV shows are made.
- Day 3 San Diego
- This morning we'll visit the chic coastal resort of Santa Monica, where you can take a stroll along the 100-year-old pier, a landmark which is lined with attractions including its famous Ferris wheel. We then continue to San Diego. After free time for lunch here, we include a tour of this delightful Spanish-influenced city.
- Day 4 San Diego
- Explore San Diego your own way today, or perhaps choose to join an optional cruise around San Diego Bay. As you sail on the calm waters, sit back and take in the views as you pass by Seaport Village, the seaside community of Point Loma and many other scenic attractions.
- Day 5 Prescott
- We're heading to Prescott today on a drive which takes us through a spectacular desert landscape. We'll cross the border into the state of Arizona and an area known as the 'Valley of the Sun', thanks to its many days of sunshine and absence of rainfall for much of the year.
On arrival in the town of Prescott, why not join our optional dinner, which is a traditional western experience not to be missed.
- Day 6 Prescott
- Today is the day that you visit one of the world's most iconic natural wonders, the Grand Canyon, which is sure to be a highlight of your holiday. This 14-mile-wide gorge is a spectacular sight however viewed, but nothing quite compares to taking in its magnificence from the air. You can do that today if you choose to take an optional flight - a truly unforgettable experience.
- Day 7 Las Vegas
- You're going to travel on part of the legendary Route 66 today, as we journey westwards to Las Vegas. On the way we're going to pass the mighty Hoover Dam, a feat of 20th century construction which towers above the Colorado River. Built in 1935, this is still one of the country's largest power plants and is a spectacular sight.
An equally amazing sight is the desert city of Las Vegas, and if you want to see this dazzling neon-lit wonderland in all its glory you can join an optional tour tonight.
- Day 8 Las Vegas
- Today is free for you to explore Las Vegas at leisure. Take a stroll up and down the Strip and dip into the hotels that line it – from the dancing fountains outside the Bellagio to the gondolas that traverse the 'Grand Canal' at the Venetian, there is so much to see and do. Be sure to step inside as many as you can - you'll discover everything from shopping malls and casinos to rollercoaster rides and even an aquarium.
This evening why not join an optional excursion which gives you the chance to enjoy one of the famous Cirque du Soleil shows, with dinner included.
- Day 9 Selma
- We're going to drive back into California today, where we'll stay overnight in Selma. Our journey will take us through the Mojave Desert, an arid landscape that is dotted with Joshua trees. These spiky evergreens grow nowhere else in the world, and are striking to see.
- Day 10 Yosemite National Park
- Yosemite National Park is best known for its abundance of waterfalls but during your full day here you'll see so much spectacular scenery, from deep valleys and dramatic mountain peaks to ancient sequoias and towering granite monoliths. We'll stay overnight in Mariposa before heading to San Francisco for a two-night stay.
- Day 11 San Francisco
- En route to San Francisco, we'll pause at the pretty, waterfront community of Sausalito. With a great selection of restaurants, you'll be spoilt for choice if you want a spot of lunch. We'll then cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge for an afternoon sightseeing tour of beautiful 'city by the bay' San Francisco.
- Day 12 San Francisco
- We've left today free so you can explore at leisure. You could take a stroll to Chinatown, where Grant Avenue is the city's oldest street, or maybe take a ride in one of the famous cable cars. We also offer a full range of optional excursions if you'd like to see more. You can take a thrilling helicopter ride over and under the Golden Gate Bridge, or join an 'Escape from the Rock' cruise, which takes us past the former island prison Alcatraz.
- Day 13 Monterey
- The picturesque Monterey Peninsula is our destination today, where a visit to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium is a must, and you can do just that on our optional excursion. More than 35,000 creatures, from otters and penguins to jellyfish and sharks, live in what is one of the world's leading conservation organisations.
- Day 14 San Luis Obispo
- A drive along a section of one of America's most famous and picturesque routes, the Pacific Coast Highway, takes us to the idyllic seaside town of Carmel. From here we'll take the scenic 17 Mile Drive through Pebble Beach and the coastal city of Pacific Grove to San Luis Obispo, where we stay tonight.
- Day 15 Long Beach
- You'll experience even more beautiful scenery today as we take to the road and head further down the coast to Long Beach. On the way we'll stop at Santa Barbara, where we can take in the lovely views of gorgeous beaches and majestic mountains. In Long Beach we'll stay in unique accommodation, the Queen Mary, which is moored here and has been turned into a fabulous hotel. This is an attraction in its own right, so be sure to head off and explore once you've unpacked.
- Day 16 Long Beach
- You've a free day to spend as you please. You could soak up the sun on the beach, or why not join an optional excursion to Catalina Island. We'll reach Catalina by ferry, and step ashore on the island for a tour. Boasting a Mediterranean climate, white sands and swaying palms, this is the perfect paradise island and you'll have time at leisure to explore.
- Days 17 & 18 Los Angeles to UK
- We'll transfer you to the airport in Los Angeles on day 17 for your return flight back to the UK, arriving on day 18.
Please note that the itinerary for 2020 will differ slightly from that shown here. On day 1 there will be a welcome dinner, and on day 11 dinner in San Francisco on Pier 39. As we have added the dinner we have removed the optional excursion 'San Francisco by night with dinner'.
- Hilton Garden Inn Burbank Downtown
- This hotel has a lot to offer to its guests, relaxed rooms feature en-suite facilities, free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Additional facilities include microwaves, minifridges and coffee-making facilities. Amongst other hotel facilities guests can find a restaurant, a gym and an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by a sundeck with loungers.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego Old Town
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town is featuring modern rooms with en-suite facilities and a seating area alongside with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and iPod docking stations. Other hotel amenities include an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness centre.
- Springhill Suites Prescott
- Modern rooms feature free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels. There is also a tea/coffee-making facilities, a microwave and a minifridge located in each room. Other hotel facilities include an indoor swimming pool, a hot tub and a fitness centre.
- Harrah's Las Vegas
- Harrah’s Las Vegas Hotel & Casino is situated at the heart of the Las Vegas strip.
With a range of different restaurants to choose from you’ll be spoilt for choice at this hotel. From a Steak house, to a Bar and Grill, and even an Oyster Bar. The hotel also has a Starbucks.
Why not enjoy a drink at the hotel bar if you want to unwind after exploring all day, the hotel bars have a choice of beers and cocktails for you to choose from. Or enjoy a poolside cocktail while you enjoy the warmer climates by the outdoor swimming pool if you choose to opt for some relaxation during your time here.
All hotel rooms are furnished with a mini-bar and a TV.
Other hotel facilities include: • Shops • Salon, located at the spa • Ben & Jerrys ice-cream parlour • Casino • Fitness centre with gym • Hotel bars
- Holiday Inn Selma - Swancourt
- The Swan Court Holiday Inn Hotel is situated in Selma.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant and a lounge. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, hairdryer, complimentary Wi-Fi, tea/coffee-making facilities and a TV.
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel
- Situated close to Yosemite and Sierra's and in a fantastic small town location. Hotels facilities and amenities include a outdoor swimming pool, spa, airport shuttle, Wi-fi and private room facilities.
- Hotel Zephyr
- Hotel Zephyr is positioned in San Francisco's premier shopping, dining, and entertainment district; Fisherman's Wharf. Staying at the Hotel Zephyr makes it easy for you to explore the very best attractions of the San Francisco Bay Area. The hotel is one city block in size and is set between Beach Street and Jefferson Street on East-West Streets and between Mason and Powell Streets North-South. Guests can walk across the street to explore the world-famous Pier 39 to see the historic Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge in one seamless panoramic view. Or walk two blocks to catch a quick cable car ride to Union Square, North Beach, or Chinatown.
- Hotel Pacific
- Hotel Pacific is ideally located in downtown Monterey.
Hotel facilities include a breakfast room. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, safe, complimentary Wi-Fi, tea/coffee-making facilities and a TV.
- La Cuesta Inn
- La Cuesta Inn in San Luis Obispo is close to several beaches and within walking distance of the tempting boutique shops of downtown San Luis Obispo.
Hotel facilities include an outdoor pool (typically open May-Sept) and a lift. Bedrooms have private facilities, TV and Wi-Fi.
- Hotel Maya-A Double Tree by Hilton
- With a stunning waterfront location situated across the harbour from Downtown Long Beach, close to the Queen Mary and set amidst a lush tropical landscape. This hotel has a restaurant, bar, fitness room, swimming pool and small beach area.
- Warner Bros Studio tour
- San Diego Bay cruise
- Western style dinner in Prescott
- Flight over Grand Canyon
- 'Night-time in Las Vegas'
- Dinner and Cirque Du Soleil show in Las Vegas
- Helicopter flight over San Francisco
- 'Escape from the Rock' cruise
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- San Francisco evening tour including dinner
- Catalina Island