America's Heart & Soul - Chicago To New Orleans 2020
Immerse yourself in the music, culture and history of a host of exciting US cities on this journey south from Chicago to New Orleans. A great way to start your holiday is with a tour of the 'Windy City', including a night out at Buddy Guy's Blues Club to experience Chicago blues first hand. In Springfield, Illinois, we'll visit a museum dedicated to famous inhabitant, Abraham Lincoln, before moving on to St Louis, which has the Mississippi flowing through its heart. Next stop is Nashville, home to Studio B and the Country Music Hall of Fame and then Memphis, where we'll visit Graceland, the opulent mansion of the King of Rock 'n' Roll, Elvis Presley. We end our tour in New Orleans, where you can discover the French Quarter and choose to cruise the Mississippi River on an authentic paddle steamer.
Immerse yourself in the music, culture and history of a host of exciting US cities as you journey south from Chicago to New Orleans.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with United Airlines
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 11 nights in hotels of a great standard plus 1 night in flight
- 12 meals: 11 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Specialist Local Guides
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Welcome drink
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Chicago & Navy Pier
- Buddy Guy's Blues Legends Club
- 360 Chicago
- St Louis tour
- Studio B & Country Music Hall of Fame
- Memphis sightseeing
- Explore Graceland
- New Orleans tour
- Day 1 UK to Chicago
- We'll fly to Chicago today. Get to know your travelling companions this evening over a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Chicago
- Chicago is a city with a fascinating history, and our half-day tour will introduce us to its sights. Highlights include Millenium Park with its wide open spaces and contemporary sculptures. We'll end our morning at Navy Pier, with its great selection of casual eateries, shops and entertainment.
You'll have time this afternoon to experience more of Chicago in the company of your fellow travellers before an included dinner of traditional American deep-dish pizza in one of the city's popular restaurants. Of course, Chicago is famous for its live music and after dinner we include a visit to the famous Buddy Guy's Blues Legends Club to experience it first hand.
- Day 3 Chicago
- 360 Chicago offers some of the finest views of the city from the 94th floor of the John Hancock Center. Later, why not join an optional cruise on the Chicago River to appreciate the architecture of this great city.
- Day 4 Springfield
- The state capital of Illinois, Springfield, is where Abraham Lincoln lived with his family. We visit the museum dedicated to the President and his former home where guides will tell you more about him and answer any questions you may have.
- Day 5 St Louis
- St Louis is home to America's busiest inland port thanks to the Mississippi River flowing through its heart. The 630ft steel Gateway Arch that towers over the landscape was built to commemorate the expansion into the west. We'll view the Arch before heading to Nashville.
There's one more exciting experience to come if you choose to join our optional excursion – an evening of live music at the Grand Ole Opry. This is one of the most important venues for live country music in the world.
- Day 6 Nashville
- We've a fabulous music-themed day in store today. It begins as we step inside the hallowed halls of Studio B, which became famous in the 1960s for its part in the Nashville Sound. Here, more than 35,000 songs have been recorded by artists including Elvis Presley, and you'll step inside the studio where he recorded 'Are You Lonesome Tonight'. As the lights are dimmed, just as they would have been for the King of Rock 'n' Roll, and you hear his incredible voice flowing from the speakers, you will be sharing a truly special moment. To round off the day we'll visit the Country Music Hall of Fame, an incredible museum dedicated to this genre of music.
If you want to experience a night out in Nashville, the city that 'calls music home', why not join our optional excursion which gives you the chance to enjoy dinner and an evening of live entertainment Nashville style!
- Day 7 Memphis
- We're bound for Memphis today, a city that's known for many things - the sweet southern accent, blues music and, of course, Graceland, Elvis' former home and now a museum. You'll have a guided tour of the city on arrival.
This evening why not head to Beale Street, which is famous for its many excellent music venues. Your Tour Manager will be able to point you in the direction of some of the best blues clubs.
- Day 8 Memphis
- Today we visit Sun Studios where Elvis and many other famous artists recorded some of their best-known songs. We are also going to visit Graceland – the former home of Elvis Presley and a pilgrimage site for music lovers the world over. It is is certain to be a real highlight of your holiday and you will have time to soak up its infectious atmosphere and learn more about Elvis' life during a tour.
- Day 9 Memphis
- Enjoy a day to explore Memphis at your leisure. You could perhaps explore the city's fascinating museums or enjoy a walk at Mud Island River Park.
- Day 10 New Orleans
- New Orleans, our destination today, thrives on the music that hails from its streets.
Why not join your fellow travellers on an optional excursion aboard an authentic paddle steamer this evening. We'll cruise along the Mississippi and enjoy dinner as a live jazz band entertains us.
- Day 11 New Orleans
- Today we'll experience more of New Orleans on an included sightseeing tour. Afterwards, you are free to do as you please. Perhaps visit the famous French Quarter, where flowers tumble from wrought iron balconies and the sound of jazz music wafts from the doors of the cafés and bars.
Alternatively, you could choose to explore Louisiana's swamps and visit a plantation on an optional excursion.
- Days 12 & 13 New Orleans to UK
- We'll enjoy a morning at leisure before transferring to the airport for our flight back to the UK, arriving on day 13.
- Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile
- This boutique hotel is 5 minutes’ walk away from Navy Pier. Shopping area and local attractions are also short walk away from the hotel. Guest rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, a minifridge and tea/coffee-making facilities. Other hotel facilities include a 24-hour fitness centre and a tour desk with local information.
- Pear Tree Inn St Louis Union Station
- Pear Tree Inn St Louis Union Station, located in downtown St Louis, in close proximity to local attractions like Washington Avenue''s entertainment district, City Museum and Scottrade Center. Hotel rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, microwaves, minifridges and coffee-making facilities. Other hotel amenities include an indoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and a hot tub.
- Cambria Hotel Nashville Downtown
- This hotel, located in downtown area, is a short walk away from many local attractions like Ryman Auditorium and Johnny Cash Museum. Rooms feature music-inspired decoration, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and minifridges. Other hotel amenities include an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness centre.
- Holiday Inn Memphis Downtown
- Holiday Inn Memphis Downtown is located in the heart of the city, just one block away from famous Beale Street. Sophisticated rooms feature free Wi-Fi, cable TV and coffee-making facilities. Other hotel amenities include a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and two on-site restaurants.
- Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
- The Sheraton New Orleans Hotel is a contemporary hotel located near to the French Quarter. Hotel amenities include a bistro which serves New-Orleans inspired cuisine, a bar, fitness centre and rooftop pool.
- Architectural river cruise in Chicago
- Enjoy an evening at the iconic Grand Ole Opry
- Nashville night out with dinner and live music
- Paddle steamer dinner cruise with live jazz
- Explore Louisiana's swamps & visit a traditional Southern plantation