A Venetian Christmas River Cruise
Sail through the Venetian Lagoon and along the River Po and spend Christmas Day in Venice on this relaxing river cruise. There's the chance to visit Padua, an option to explore the islands of Murano and Burano and if you wish, you can attend midnight Mass at St Mark's Basilica in Venice.
Sail through the Venetian Lagoon and along the River Po and spend Christmas Day in Venice on this relaxing river cruise.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 4 nights on board 4-star ship MS Michelangelo
- 11 included meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners including a Christmas gala dinner, Captain's welcome cocktail reception & farewell gala dinner
- All-inclusive drinks (excluding Champagne & selected wines
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Onboard entertainment
- Explore the legendary city of Venice & discover its architectural delights
- Cruise the magnificant bay of Venice
- Day 1 UK - Venice
- You will fly to Venice today and join your river cruiser, MS Michelangelo early this evening. Settle into your cabin and then meet your travelling companions and the ship's crew over a welcome cocktail before dinner.
- Day 2 Chioggia & Padua
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast as we cruise through the Venetian Lagoon to Chioggia as we enter the River Po. This afternoon, you can join our optional excursion to the old university town of Padua, which is teeming with fascinating history. We'll take a short walking tour and visit the magnificent Basilica of St Anthony before returning to the ship where we cruise back to Venice.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve, Murano & Burano Islands
- This morning, why not join an optional excursion to Murano and Burano - two of the most famous islands in the Venetian Lagoon. Murano is renowned for its colourful hand-blown glass and we'll watch a demonstration during our visit. Burano is a traditional town built around a canal network and is famed for its lace. You will find plenty of examples in the island's shops and there's free time to explore here before we return to the ship for lunch.
This afternoon's optional excursion gives you a chance to discover two of Venice's most iconic sites – St Mark's Square and the wonderful Doge's Palace.Back on board we'll enjoy dinner and a special Christmas Eve celebration. Later, you can attend Midnight Mass at St Mark's Basilica if you wish, and then we'll round off the evening with a glass of mulled wine.
- Day 4 Christmas Day, Venice
- It's Christmas Day and you're free to relax and enjoy any surprises Father Christmas may have left for us. Christmas lunch with all the trimmings will be served on board and then you might want to head ashore for a stroll around Venice. What could be better than spending Christmas Day taking in famous sights such as the Grand Canal, the Rialto Bridge and the Bridge of Sighs.This evening we'll continue our celebrations with a gala dinner, dancing and entertainment.
- Day 5 Boxing Day, Venice - UK
- After breakfast, we will disembark the ship and transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- MS Michelangelo
- The MS Michelangelo is a beautiful 4 star ship. Whilst onboard all meals and drinks will be included (*excluding Champagne and selected wines). The vessels facilities include; lounge bar with a dance floor, bar, dining room, large sundeck with deckchairs, gift shop and wifi.
The optional experiences below can be pre-booked as a package from £150
- Padua & the Basilica of St Anthony
- The Venetian Lagoon islands of Murano & Burano
- The Doge’s Palace & St Mark’s Square