A Swiss Ski Adventure – Wengen
Wengen Switzerland Skiing Holiday for Singles
This holiday to the picturesque Swiss resort of Wengen is perfect for confident skiers in search of both gentle slopes and challenging black runs. Your traditional mountain hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the village, directly opposite the cable car. Explore the spectacular mountain scenery of the Jungfrau ski region, relax in mountain restaurants and sample the local après ski. This holiday offers high-altitude skiing and virtually guaranteed snow.
In the heart of Switzerland's Jungfrau ski region, this holiday to the picturesque village of Wengen is perfect for condident skiers. Ski down gentle slopes and challenging black runs, relax in mountain restaurants and sample the local après ski.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Ski Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Swiss Air
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch & 7 dinners, including a Swiss speciality buffet evening & a fondue evening in a forest hut
- Welcome drink
- 6-day lift pass for the Grindelwald & Wengen ski area
- Welcome fondue & aperitif at Molitor equipment hire
- Hosted skiing with your Just You Ski Tour Manager & Local Ski Guide
- Overseas transfers by private coach & mountain railway
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
Dedicated Ski Tour Manager as your host
Stay in a 4-star family-run Swiss hotel in the centre of the car-free resort of Wengen
Discover the Jungfrau ski region in the company of a Local Guide
Spend 6 days skiing in one of the most popular Swiss ski resorts
Ski to Grindlewald or take the cog trains & sit back, relax & enjoy the scenery
Sample Swiss dishes such as fondue, raclette & Rosti at the Sunsta Swiss buffet
Take a leisurely walk to a cosy mountain hut & enjoy a candlelit fondue
- Day 1 UK to Wengen
- Today you'll fly to Zurich and transfer by coach and mountain railway to the pretty, car-free village of Wengen. Set amidst spectacular scenery, Wengen nestles on a sheltered terrace at the foot of the Jungfrau. The village offers impressive views of the surrounding mountains and easy access to the Grindelwald and Wengen ski area.
On arrival your Ski Tour Manager will help you book and collect your ski equipment if required, and we'll take in views of the Lauterbrunnen Valley when we enjoy a cheese fondue on the terrace. You will also be able to collect your included lift pass so you can hit the slopes first thing in the morning.
This evening we'll get to know each other over a welcome drink before sitting down for dinner in the hotel restaurant.
- Day 2 First day on the slopes
- After breakfast your Ski Tour Manager will introduce you to the slopes above Wengen at a relaxed and leisurely pace. We'll stop for lunch in a typical Swiss mountain restaurant and chat about our plans for the afternoon. Your Ski Tour Manager will be on hand to organise things, and they will help you choose a route if you want to explore further with your new-found ski companions.
At the end of the day, why not take part in a little après ski before dinner back at the hotel.
- Days 3-7 Skiing
- Enjoy five full days of skiing. You're free to head off and explore independently if you wish or, if you prefer, your Ski Tour Manager will host group skiing and a Local Ski Guide will join us for two mornings.
During your days on the slopes you could take the mountain railway to the Kleine Scheidegg, where the Wengen and Grindelwald ski areas meet. If you're feeling adventurous, maybe you'll attempt some of the resort's black runs including the 'North Face of the Eiger', which is spectacular if approached in the mid-morning sun.
If you feel like having a day off skiing, there's plenty of other activities to enjoy in Wengen. Why not try your hand at curling, sledging, ice skating or even snowshoe trekking. During the week you'll enjoy the hotel's Swiss buffet evening, where a tempting array of local specialities are served, including raclette, rosti, and a selection of cheeses and roasted meats. Then, if you have room, there'll be a magnificent choice of desserts to round off this gastronomical experience!
We also have a very special adventure planned for another evening. We'll take a leisurely walk into a forest where, in a small mountain hut, we'll be served a delicious raclette dinner by candlelight. A unique experience which concludes with a walk back through the forest to the hotel.
- DAY 8 Wengen to UK
- As we make our way back to Zurich airport for the flight home, it's your last chance to chat with the group, swap details with your new-found friends and maybe plan your next adventure.
- Sunstar Alpine Hotel Wengen
- 4-star hotel in the village centre of Wengen. Facilities include a restaurant, bar and indoor pool. Guest rooms have private facilities, TV, mini bar, safe and hairdyer.