A Swiss Christmas Wonderland
From your base in Davos, Europe's highest town, you'll visit Chur, the oldest town in Switzerland and take a spectacular train ride on the Bernina Express to Italy. Christmas carols, snow-capped mountains and a horse-drawn carriage ride on Christmas Day all add a touch of festive magic to this very special holiday.
Spectacular snow-capped mountains, charming Alpine towns and a thrilling mountain train ride bring a touch of festive magic to this very special holiday.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return direct flights from Heathrow with Swiss Airlines
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 5 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 11 included meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners including a gala dinner on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day and a welcome drink
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Visit Chur, Switzerland's oldest town
- Christmas under the stars with carols & a glass of mulled wine
- Enjoy gala dinners on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride on Christmas Day
- Ride the Bernina Express to Italy & enjoy a three-course lunch
- Day 1 UK - Davos
- After flying to Zurich, we'll transfer by coach to Davos, Europe's highest town. This charming mountain resort combines a bustling centre with a glorious setting amidst magnificent mountains and beautiful valleys. We'll get to know one another better over a welcome glass of prosecco and a tasting of oysters, before dinner at the hotel this evening.
- Day 2 Davos - at Leisure
- You're free to relax and explore Davos at leisure today. You could perhaps head out with your travelling companions and enjoy lunch in one of the many well-regarded restaurants, or do some last-minute Christmas shopping in the array of shops and boutiques.
Back at the hotel we'll enjoy dinner together this evening.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve, Chur
- After breakfast we'll travel to Chur, Switzerland's oldest city, which is set amidst splendid snow-capped mountains. In the company of a Local Guide we'll take a walking tour through the traffic-free Old Town, where winding alleys are lined with quaint historic buildings, designer boutiques, galleries, welcoming restaurants and bars.
Our tour concludes at a museum and bar dedicated to the work of visual artist H R Giger, who was awarded an Oscar for his work on the film, Alien. We'll enjoy an included drink and time to browse around the exhibits, and then you'll have some free time for shopping and further exploration.
This afternoon we'll gather in the hotel's delightful garden for Christmas carols under the stars, accompanied by a warming glass of mulled wine and pastries. A Christmas Eve gala dinner will be served at the hotel this evening.
- Day 4 Christmas Day, Davos
- After a leisurely start, we'll celebrate Christmas Day in style with a festive horse-drawn carriage ride through the centre of Davos. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy the facilities at the hotel. Alternatively, you could take a spectacular cable-car ride or try your hand at curling, ice skating or tobogganing. We'll gather for a gala dinner at the hotel this evening.
- Day 5 Boxing Day, Bernina Express
- Early this morning we'll set off on a thrilling journey through the Alps to Italy. We'll take the train to Filisur and then board the Bernina Express for a journey on the highest railway in the Alps. We'll climb through jaw-dropping Alpine scenery to glistening glaciers, before descending to the plains of Italy and the town of Tirano below. We'll enjoy a three-course lunch with wine in Tirano, before the return journey by coach to Davos this afternoon.
This evening we'll gather for a farewell five-course dinner at the hotel.
- Day 6 Davos - UK
- Today we'll transfer to Zurich airport by coach for our flight back to the UK.
- Sunstar Alpine Hotel Davos
- Enjoying breathtaking mountain views, the hotel is set amidst parkland and is located just 300 metres from the centre of Davos. Facilities include restaurant with panoramic windows, indoor swimming pool, gym, log cabin sauna, games room and cinema. The comfortable bedrooms include private facilities, TV, radio, wi-fi, mini-bar, safe and hairdryer.