New Year In Iceland
- Duration: 5 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSYICE
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
- Excursions: 2
Mighty waterfalls, erupting geysers and rugged lava fields - enjoy a festive holiday with a difference in this amazing country.
Mighty waterfalls, erupting geysers and rugged lava fi elds - enjoy a festive holiday with a difference in this amazing country.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Iceland Air
- 4 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 6 meals: 4 breakfasts, 2 dinners including New Years Eve dinner
- Welcome drink & dinner
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- A representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Reykjavik City tour
- Blue Lagoon
- DAY 1 UK to Keflavik
- Reykjavik is Iceland's vibrant capital. Meet your travelling companions at the airport before flying to Keflavik. From here, we'll transfer to our hotel in Reykjavik, where we'll get to know each other over a drink before dinner this evening. Iceland provides some of the best Northern Lights viewing conditions, so if you're lucky you may see this natural phenomenon during your holiday.
- DAY 2 NEW YEAR’S EVE Reykjavik
- Enjoy a leisurely morning. Perhaps go out for a stroll as your hotel is in the heart of the city. It also houses an exhibition centre, where you can see the remains of a Viking longhouse that was discovered during its construction, as well as other exhibits including human remains dating back to approximately 870AD. Our afternoon tour of Reykjavik is in the company of a Local Guide who will show us the main sights including the fishing harbour, Parliament buildings and the huge hot water storage tanks known as The Pearl.
This evening we will head to a restaurant in Reykjavik for dinner. Afterwards, we'll have free time to soak up the atmosphere and see in the New Year before our coach transfers us back to the hotel.
- DAY 3 NEW YEAR’S DAY Reykjavik
- Spend your day at leisure if you wish. Alternatively, you could join an optional excursion to the Golden Circle and the mighty waterfall at Gulfoss. You'll also visit the Strokhur Geyser, which erupts every few minutes. For a real festive treat, there's a chance to take an optional excursion to search for the Northern Lights too.
- DAY 4 Blue Lagoon
- The Blue lagoon is a natural geothermal pool located in the middle of a lava field. This soothing body of water is rich in minerals and reputed to have curative powers – so on this morning's included visit, dive in and judge for yourself! We'll carry on the relaxed theme with an afternoon at leisure and a free evening for you to try another of the city's restaurants come dinner time.
- DAY 5 Reykjavik to UK
- You'll depart on your flight back to the UK today.
- Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
- This charming hotel is located in the heart of the city, on one of Reykavik''s oldest streets. Facilities include a restaurant and bar. Bedroom have private facilities, satellite TV, mini-bar and tea and coffee making facilities.
- Golden Circle
- The Northern Lights