Road, Rail & Sail - Journeys Through Lancashire & The Lakes
5 & 8 Days Half Board by Coach
Enjoy a marvellous canal cruise across the Lune Aqueduct, a memorable steam train ride through the lovely East Lancashire countryside, explore England’s Lake District National Park, and visit Bury Market - Britain’s biggest!
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
• Bury Market • Lune Aqueduct Cruise • East Lancashire Steam Railway • Lancaster • Lake District National Park • Kirkby Lonsdale
Full Day: Today we head for the Lake District National Park and driving along the banks of Lake Ullswater we come to the Kirkstone Pass with its magnificent views of Lakeland. Continuing on we arrive in Bowness-on-Windermere, a popular tourist resort where it is possible to take an optional lake cruise.
Half Day: This morning we make our way to Bury Market, the largest in England, before we then board the East Lancashire Steam Railway to Rawtenstall, hugging the Irwell Valley.
Full Day: We make our way to the lovely Cumbrian town of Kirkby Lonsdale, before heading for Lancaster where there will be time to explore. This afternoon we take a cruise over the Lune Aqueduct, the largest masonry aqueduct in the country, affording stunning views across the city of Lancaster and the surrounding countryside.
Headway Hotel, Morecambe
Ideally located on Morecambe’s level East Promenade, the Headway Hotel offers lovely views across the bay.
• Lounge, bar, dining room, ballroom • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Entertainment every night • Full buffet breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Lift
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer
For details on your pick up arrangements please click here.Back to top