Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral & Dover (Select)
Select Sightseeing - A full day to discover the treasures of Kent - Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral and the White Cliffs of Dover.
Leeds Castle was described by Lord Conway as 'the loveliest castle in the world' and is set in the middle of a natural lake, surrounded by 500 acres of parkland and gardens. Experience its magic in an atmosphere of still tranquillity. There will also be time to explore the castle grounds where you will find the ' Lady Baillie Garden' with views over the lake, an aviary and maze.
- Optional: Purchase an entrance ticket and take the opportunity to explore the interior of Leeds Castle - step back in time and see how royalty lived all those years ago.*
Traveling through Kent, the county known as the 'Garden of England', we make our way to Canterbury to visit the Cathedral. This magnificent Cathedral is the most important church within the worldwide Anglican faith. The central 'Bell Harry Tower' dates back to 1498, and the crypt to the 11th Century. It is here where your guide will tell the story of the shocking murder of Archbishop Thomas Beckett in 1170 and there will also be time to explore the narrow streets of Canterbury.
- Optional: Purchase a ticket from your guide to explore the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral, the most important church in the Anglican faith.*
We continue our tour through the picturesque landscape of Kent dotted with unusual buildings and quaint little villages to Dover, where you'll see the famous White Cliffs standing 400 feet above sea level. Brooding above the White Cliffs is the sprawling Dover Castle still watching over the town 800 years on.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Entrance fees are not included, but tickets may be purchased from your Tour Guide.
- See Historic Greenwich
- See the fairy-tale Leeds Castle and its beautiful Gardens
- Visit Canterbury and see the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Option for inside visits to Leeds Castle and Canterbury Cathedral
- First-class luxury Motor-coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide
- Personal Audio Headset
Duration: 9½ hours
Tue to Sat: Tour operates in English.
Wed & Sat: Tour sometimes operates bilingual English/Japanese.
Fri: Tour sometimes operates bilingual English/Portuguese.
The state of the art VOX Radioguide® system is used during the walking sections of this tour: guests are issued with a personal headset ensuring they never miss a word of the guide's commentary.
Free WiFi on Tour Coaches
Back to top