Windsor, Savill Garden & The Chilterns
A new tour for 2018 as we discover the majesty of Windsor, the famous regatta town of Henley, visit a Royal garden and explore The Chilterns with a visit to Chiltern Open Air Museum.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Free Time to Explore Windsor
· Admission to The Savill Garden
· Visit Henley-on-Thames
· Admission to The River & Rowing Museum
· Admission to Chiltern Open Air Museum
· Chiltern Town of Princes Risborough
· We enjoy a scenic day as we make our way to The Chiltern Market Town of Princes Risborough, a pleasant country town with a prosperous little high street. After spending some free time here we continue our drive as we pass through The Chiltern village of Great Missenden and the town of Amersham as we make our way to Chiltern Open Air Museum for our included visit. The Museum rescues threatened buildings that are typical of The Chilterns region and re-erects them on a 45-acre site. There are more than 30 buildings on site including a working 19th century farmyard and a village with its green, cottages, forge and chapel. The Museum is also a popular venue for filming and has been used for Downton Abbey, Call The Midwife and Midsomer Murders.
· We make our way to Windsor, where we enjoy some free time to explore the town’s rich mix of history, culture and heritage. In the afternoon we make our way to Savill Garden, a haven of horticultural beauty in the heart of Windsor Great Park, for our included visit.
· We enjoy free time in Henley-on-Thames, which enjoys its international reputation as home of the world’s greatest rowing regatta. Henley’s historic heart is only a few strides from one of the most beautiful stretches of the River Thames. This afternoon we make our way to The River & Rowing Museum with its galleries dedicated to rowing, rivers and the history of Henley, as well as a magical Wind in the Willows exhibition.Back to top