Wartime Memories & Cambridgeshire Fens
On this tour we take time to visit the Imperial War Museum Duxford where the historic airfield and museum of aviation history tells the story of people who lived and worked at RAF Duxford. We step back in time and visit the home of codebreaking in the Second World War – Bletchley Park, Home of the WW2 Codebreakers, was once Britain's best kept secret and is now a vibrant heritage attraction open daily to visitors to learn how the Codebreakers' breath-taking achievements helped shorten WW2 by up to two years. To round this tour off we also spend some time in the capital of the Fens – Wisbech.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Admission to IWM Duxford
· Admission to Bletchley Park
· Capital of The Fens ~ Wisbech
· Historic City of Ely
· We travel to Duxford for our included visit to IWM Duxford. Permanent exhibitions include American Air Museum, Air & Sea, Battle of Britain and Historic Duxford. Following this fascinating visit we travel to Cambridge where we enjoy free time to explore.
· We make our way to the historic city of Ely. Full of charm, Ely is home to one of the most magnificent cathedrals in England. Following our time here we continue to Wisbech, capital of The Fens and renowned for its elegant Georgian architecture. On our way back to the hotel we take the scenic route through The Fens.
· We enjoy a visit to Bletchley Park. Once Britain’s Best Kept Secret, today Bletchley is a heritage site and vibrant tourist attraction. Explore some of the iconic WW2 Codebreaking huts and blocks and marvel at the astonishing achievements of the Codebreakers whose work is said to have shortened the war by 2 years. Later, on our return to the hotel we makeBack to top