Trans European River Cruise
Your chance to see some of Central Europe’s finest scenery and ancient cities all from the comfort of your river cruise ship, whilst you cruise along two of Europe’s most iconic rivers, the romantic Danube and mighty Rhine.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Budapest. On arrival we will transfer to our ship where there will be time to settle into our cabins before our welcome cocktail and introduction to the crew.
During our cruise, the following excursions are included:
- Guided tour of Budapest, a city steeped in history with its unique and distinctive character and attractions. We visit Buda, the higher of the two cities, with its winding cobble-stoned streets and her sister city Pest, the fiery, which presents its visitors a proud display of different architectural styles.
- Esztergom, the former capital of Hungary. Full of treasures with its neo-classical basilica and former Royal Palace.
- Guided tour of Vienna, passing the Opera House,
St Stephens’s cathedral and the Hofburg.
Also, included is a visit to the Schoenbrunn Palace & Gardens – the Hapsburgs’ summer residence. Free afternoon in Vienna to explore at your own pace.
- Visit Durnstein and its stunning monastery with its blue and white tower. It is also here where Richard the Lionheart was held captive in the castle.
- A visit of Melk Abbey, a Benedictine Monastery which towers above the Danube and is the very symbol of Baroque art in Austria and houses the jewel of the abbey, the gold filigree cross donated by Rudolph IV.
- Visit Passau on the Austrian German border and enjoy a walking tour of the city centre. The old town is known for its Baroque architecture, including St. Stephen's Cathedral, featuring distinctive onion-domed towers and an organ with 17,974 pipes.
- Guided tour of the historic centre of Regensburg, the 4th largest town in Bavaria.
- Guided excursion of Nuremburg, Bavaria’s 2nd largest city and where we find half-timbered houses, gothic churches within a medieval city wall in the shadow of the towering imperial castle.
- Tour to Rothenburg, a magnificent medieval town perched high on a hill. With its picturesque houses, it is classed as one of the most beautiful towns on the historic Romantic Road.
- A walking tour of the town of Wurzburg famous for the citadel, art, architecture and local wines.
- Cruise through the most scenic part of the Main Valley from Karlstad to Wertheim.
- Walking tour of the beautiful, ’chocolate-box’ picturesque town of Miltenberg.
Day 12: We disembark at Aschaffenburg after breakfast and subject to flight times, we enjoy a panoramic tour of Frankfurt en-route to the airport. On arrival back into the UK, we meet your Door to Door service home.
MS France is a 2 deck ship, with 78 cabins and a capacity of 159 passengers. Cabins are en-suite with shower facilities, air-conditioned and have hairdryer, satellite TV, safe and picture window or porthole.
Wi-Fi is available on board.Back to top