The Living History Of The South East
New for 2021
Join us on this lovely tour for summer where we take time to visit the fantastic RHS Wisley Gardens, find out what life was like between 1810 to 1950, enjoy a ride on the Mid-Hants Railway as well as discovering Oxford & The Thames Valley.
- RHS Wisley Gardens
- Oxford City & Henley-on-Thames
- Milestones Museum
- Ride on the Watercress line
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Our day begins with a ride to the pleasant town of Alton. Here we join the Mid Hants Railway – ‘The Watercress Line’ for a 10 miles journey over the ‘Hampshire Alps’ to Alresford. Alresford is the home of the Hampshire watercress industry, from which the line takes its name. After the train ride we head off into Basingstoke and to Milestones. This is a living history museum where you wander down cobbled streets, chat with staff in period costume and explore the shops and factories to experience everyday life from 1810 to 1950.
- After breakfast we leave for the Thames Valley, calling in at Henley-on-Thames before continuing through Wallingford to Oxford, City of Dreaming Spires. We have time to obtain lunch and explore the city with its many magnificent university buildings before leaving late afternoon to return to the hotel for dinner.
- We make our way to RHS Wisley Gardens. One of the great gardens of the world, it is home to some of the largest plant collections anywhere in the globe. We include a 90-minute guided tour of the garden led by one of Wisley’s knowledgeable team. The garden here is a place full of inspiration, Wisley offers ideas galore, with Wild Garden, Glasshouse, Model Gardens, Fruit Field, Arboretum and spectacular floral displays. Later this afternoon, we travel to the town of Guildford with its pretty high street, riverside and its own castle, for a break, before returning to the hotel.
The Hilton St. Anne’s Hotel ~ 4 Star
The Hilton St. Anne’s Hotel is a country house hotel set in 25 acres of grounds in Bracknell. Hotel facilities include 14-meter indoor pool, sauna, bar, restaurant. All bedrooms are en-suite and have television, hairdryer and hospitality tray. The hotel has a lift.Back to top