The Greek Island Of Corfu
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8079
- Travel Type: Air
Think Corfu and you conjure up images of white-washed villages cascading down hillsides, azure seas sparkling in bright sunshine and powder-soft white sand beaches. Corfu the town, has a wealth of Greek, French and British influences in its maze of cobbled streets and alleyways.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Corfu. A local coach will transfer us to the Elea Beach Hotel, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay on Corfu, the following excursions will be included:
- Guided tour of Corfu Town. The town is a maze of narrow streets dominated by the 16th century fortress. Shops and stalls sell local specialties such as wild honey, fig cakes and handmade lace.
- Visit Achillion Palace, museum and gardens.
- Full day excursion of the Island of Corfu. Highlights include the fishing village of Kassiopi, Kalami & Kouloura which was home to ex-pat novelist Lawrence Durrell. Pass through Issaki, Ipsos and Dassia with the opportunity to photograph the famous Mouse Island.
- Koum Kouat distillery to sample the freshly produced liqueur and the picturesque village of Paleokastritsa and the famous Bella Vista.
- Full day cruise to the Islands of Paxos and Antipaxos. At Paxos there will be time to stroll down the narrow alleyways and enjoy a coffee with a view of the Island of Saint Nicklaus or mainland Greece. The spectacular Blue Caves where the shades of blue from the water forms an emerald vista. Stop at Antipaxos with its crystal clear waters and wonderful landscape and maybe even a swim.
- Full day excursion to Albania via hydrofoil. Visit the city of Agion Saranda, known as the Pearl of the Balkans. The historic city of Vouthroto, a real archaeological treasure dating back to the Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Venetian times. The Blue Eye, a natural water spring where our guide will tell us all about the myth of this amazing phenomenon. Please note, this excursion may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- 2 full free days to relax and enjoy the hotel’s facilities or explore the local area at your own pace.
Day 8: Today we leave Corfu. Our local coach will transfer us to Corfu Airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Elba Beach Hotel
Elea Beach Hotel ****
Situated in the resort of Dassia, 12km from Corfu Town. The hotel is set in a large olive grove, surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens and is on a Blue Flag award-winning beach. All hotel rooms have
air-conditioning, satellite TV, radio, telephone, fridge, hairdryer, Wi-Fi and balcony with sea view. The hotel boasts a saltwater swimming pool, beachfront tavern, shop, table tennis & offers entertainment.Back to top