The Gateway To Provence River Cruise
A “no fly” holiday travelling by coach to join our premium ship, the MS Van Gough at Chalon-sur-Saone. A perfect combination of wonderful scenery, picturesque villages and historic cities.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to our tour coach for the journey to Dover and the ferry crossing to Calais. We will continue to Reims for our overnight stay.
Day 2: After breakfast, we travel to Troyes for a little free time before arriving at Chalon-sur-Saone where we board our ship with time to settle into our cabins before our welcome cocktail and introduction to the crew. The ship will sail in the evening towards Macon.
During our cruise, the following will be included:
- Free time for a stroll through the town of Macon with its pretty pastel painted buildings.
- Scenic drive through the Beaujolais vineyards, followed by a visit to a winery with tasting (sailing schedule permitting).
- Guided city tour of Lyon, France’s second largest city and admirably situated at the confluence of the Rhone and the Saone.
- Drive along the Ardeche Gorges, where we follow the famous ‘route des gorges’. Here, the Ardeche has eroded the cliff-face to create a grand natural arch.
- Little tourist train ride through the historic heart of Avignon with its famous bridge. Free time to visit the Palais de Popes.
- Visit to Arles famed for its Roman architecture and being the inspiration for many Van Gogh paintings.
- Scenic tour through the Camargue, a huge nature reserve where the sea and marshland are inhabited by an amazing array of water fowl and birds.
Day 8: We disembark after breakfast and travel north for dinner and our overnight stay near Dijon.
Day 9: We continue our journey north towards Lens or Arras for dinner and our final overnight stay.
Day 10: Following breakfast we travel to Calais for our ferry crossing and your Door to Door service home.
Ms Van Gogh
Completely refurbished in 2017, this premium ship has 55 cabins and carries up to 110 passengers. Facilities include lounge bar with dance floor, bar, dining room, gift shop and large sundeck with deck chairs. Cabins are en suite, air-conditioned and have hairdryer, satellite TV, picture or porthole window and safe. Wi-Fi is available on board.Back to top