The Deep South & New Orleans
A tour which traces the roots of American music, discovering the cultural landscapes and cities which gave us the Blues, Country and Rock ’n’ Roll. Take in the sights and sounds at Music Row in Nashville, on Beale Street in Memphis and along Bourbon Street in New Orleans.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to London for your flight to Atlanta. On arrival, we will be welcomed by our Tour Manager and our local coach for the transfer to our hotel.
During our holiday, the following itinerary and excursion will be included:
- Visit the Martin Luther King Centre, a humbling and fascinating cultural attraction that connects the American Civil Rights Movement with today’s Global Human Rights Movement.
- The CNN Studios, where you will journey to the heart of CNN’s global headquarters for a behind the scenes tour.
- Georgia’s most-visited attraction, Stone Mountain Park, located on 3200 acres of natural beauty. It focuses on the Confederate Memorial Carving, which depicts three Confederate heroes of the Civil War – President Jefferson Davis and Generals Robert E Lee and Thomas J ‘Stonewall’ Jackson. Enjoy a stunning cable car ride to the top of Stone Mountain.
- Chattanooga and Rock City with its massive ancient rock formations, gardens with over 400 native plant species and breath-taking panoramic views across 7 states.
- Visit to the Jack Daniel’s Distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee. Jack Daniel’s is the top selling American Tennessee whiskey in the world. Crafting something that endures for over 150 years takes time and character. You’ll find plenty of both in the people and history that make Jack Daniel’s.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, one of the world’s largest museums and research centres dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of American music.
- Visit the famous Studio B where dozens of country and pop stars made recordings when the studio was operated by RCA Records. Other highlights in Nashville include the State Capitol and some free time at Music Row, an area widely considered to be the heart of Nashville’s entertainment industry.
- Tour of the iconic Grand Ole Opry, the longest-running radio show in the USA. Walk in the footsteps of country music’s superstars and take a look at what happens behind the scenes of the show that made country music famous.
- Sun Studio, Memphis, which was opened by Rock ’n’ Roll. pioneer Sam Phillips in 1950. Legendary artists who have recorded here include Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Charlie Rich and Jerry Lee Lewis.
- Graceland welcomes us for a self-guided tour of the mansion along with a visit to the attractions such as Elvis’ Custom Jets, Automobile Museum and Entertainment Complex.
- A tour of the Vicksburg National Military Park which preserves the site of the American Civil War Battle of Vicksburg in 1863, a major victory for the Union during the Civil War.
- City tour of New Orleans where we will travel though three centuries of history, legend and romance, absorbing the sights and sounds of the world famous French Quarter and historic Jackson Square.
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Mississippi passing the mysterious, moss-draped bayous and keeping our eyes peeled for their most famous inhabitant – the American Alligator.
- Evening cruise to savour the beauty and romance of the New Orleans skyline enjoying a dinner Jazz Cruise on an authentic steamboat.
Day 11: Full free day at leisure in New Orleans before our overnight flight back to the UK.
Day 12: On arrival, your local operator will be waiting to meet you for your Door to Door service home.
- Door to Door Service
- Airport transfers at destination
- Return flights
- All airport transfers and coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- 2 nights accommodation at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown, Atlanta, GA
- 2 nights accommodation at the Marriott Gaylord Opryland Resort Hotel, Nashville, TN
- 2 nights accommodation at the Crowne Plaza Downtown, Memphis, TN
- 1 nights accommodation at the Courtyard by Marriott, Vicksburg, MS
- 3 nights accommodation at the Sheraton, New Orleans, LA
- Daily breakfast
- 10 dinners (plus airline meals)
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a U.S Cito Tour Manager throughout
- All taxes and baggage handling
- Driver and guide gratuities
Single room supplement from £585Back to top