The Beautiful Isle Of Man
This beautiful island, 32 miles long and 14 miles wide, lies in the Irish sea, approximately equidistant from Britain and Ireland. It is dominated by Snaefell Mountain, rising to over 2000ft. The island is well away from it all yet so close to home and it’s where the life is simple and undemanding, the pace easy and relaxed, a fabulous destination to enjoy that well deserving break.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Milntown Estate House & Gardens
· Manx Electric Railway
· Snaefell Mountain Railway
· Isle of Man Steam Train, Douglas to Port Erin
· Admission to Cregneash Folk Village
· We make our way towards Ramsey where we take time to visit Milntown House & Gardens. The Christian family lived at Milntown since at least the early 16th century and parts of the house date from that period. There are15 acres of gardens and woodlands in this historical setting to explore. Following this visit we make our way to join the Manx Electric Railway for our train journey to Laxey. Upon arrival in Laxey we climb aboard another train, this time the Snaefell Mountain Railway which will transport us to the summit of Snaefell Mountain, where we have a short time to marvel at the views before our return train. We re-join our coach and make our way back to the hotel.
· We head to the pleasant little town of Peel with its impressive castle and harbour. We enjoy free time here before continuing via Niarbyl to Castletown where we have time to explore.
· We experience the ‘Age of Steam’ on the delightful Isle of Man Steam Railway from Douglas along the south coast to Port Erin. Upon arrival in Port Erin we enjoy some free time with a chance to explore this lovely village. This afternoon we visit Cregneash where we have included admission to the Folk Village. Following this visit our coach will transport us down to The Sound, on the coast, giving us views of the Calf of Man.Back to top