The Balearic Island Of Mallorca
The largest of the Balearic Islands, Mallorca sparkles in the azure blue of the Mediterranean. On this holiday you will not only discover its sandy beaches, forested limestone mountains with rustic medieval villages, but hillsides of orange groves with the chance to experience some traditional and authentic Mallorquian delights.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Mallorca. On arrival at Palma, you will be met by your Tour Manager and our local coach will transfer us to the Fergus Pollensa Park, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- Tour of the pretty town of Pollensa where a visit to El Calvario is a must, it contains a statue of the Virgen del Peu de la Creu, said to have been found by fishermen in the nearby cove of Cala San Vicente.
- Formentor, which is not only the most northerly peninsula on Mallorca, but also the most beautiful and where we will stop for the views.
- The charming town of Alcudia, so named in the time of Moorish occupation as Al-Kudia which means ‘the rock’ in Arabic and has for centuries been an important maritime trading post. Set on a peninsula that separates the bays of Pollensa and Alcudia,
it boasts a beautiful medieval centre as well as an authentic local atmosphere.
- Panoramic tour of the city of Palma de Mallorca.
A drive along its famous promenade right by the busy marina and the Bellver Castle which is strategically placed on a hillside overlooking the city. After, enjoy free time at leisure to explore further at your own pace.
- Valldemossa, one of Spain’s most picturesque villages with its old narrow lanes and 13th century monastery where the composer Chopin found inspiration. Surrounded by forested hills and lush countryside you’ll also find many bakeries producing the local sweet ‘potato cake’ and where residents still leave their doors wide open to greet the cooling hillside breeze. (Streets may be slippery when wet).
- Deia, an idyllic village of green-shuttered, ochre-coloured houses that has become a millionaires' hideaway in the shadow of the Teix Mountain on the west coast of the island. Its longest and most prominent inhabitant was the poet and novelist Robert Graves.
- From the picturesque town of Soller, we take the vintage tram from the square through the scenic countryside and orange groves, to the pretty horseshoe harbour of Port de Soller.
- Visit to the Cuevas del Drach in Porto Cristo. A collection of 4 caves believed to house the world’s largest underground lake, surrounded by beautiful stalactite and stalagmite limestone formations.
- Enjoy a wine tasting at a local winery.
- 2 free days at leisure to enjoy the hotel’s facilities or shopping for the local Majorica Pearls and tasty island cakes.
Day 8: Today we leave Mallorca. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Due to the nature of the island’s terrain, all visits will include walks over cobbles and some steep streets.
Fergus Pollensa Park
Located in Puerto Pollensa in the north of Mallorca, this beautifully refurbished hotel is just minutes from the sandy beach. Hotel facilities include sun terrace with outdoor pool, indoor pool, spa, gym & sports facilities. All rooms have a balcony/terrace, air-conditioning/heating, flat-screen TV, hairdryer, telephone & Wi-Fi.Back to top