Discover the main ingredients of Italian life and their love of great food on this tour to glorious Tuscany. See the sights amidst some of Italy’s most stunning landscapes and try your hand at the art of pasta making in an authentic country farmhouse, taking in the feast of the senses that is “la dolce vita”.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Italy. A local coach will transfer us to Hotel Manzoni, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- Visit a typical local farmhouse for an introduction to the tasty world of Italian cuisine. Volunteers will be needed to prepare pasta, sauce, crostini and tiramisu, before we taste some local wine and olive oil. Having worked up an appetite, enjoy our group prepared typical Tuscan lunch.
- See the famous ‘family towers’ as we head into the lovely town of San Gimignano. Each family kept trying to surpass the others with ever higher towers and these impressive structures stand testimony to this competition to this day.
- Visit to a local olive grove for a tour and tasting.
- Visit to Volterra, a former Etruscan settlement located on a rise with a splendid view of the surroundings.
- Visit Siena for a guided tour of this important medieval city. The highlight is the Piazza del Campo, the seashell-shaped square, on which the famous Palio horse race takes place each year. The imposing cathedral is also a sight to behold.
- Wine tasting in the Chianti Valley, where the hilly landscape is interspersed with vineyards and palaces.
- Take the train into Florence for a guided walking tour of this beautiful Renaissance city. Highlights include the Duomo de Santa Maria de Fiore, the Giotto Bell Tower and the historic district before some free time to admire the shops on the Ponte Vecchio, enjoy an Italian espresso or a gelato.
- Travel to Pisa to be charmed by this antique, former sea republic. We will see the impressive cathedral, the baptistery and of course, the world-famous Leaning Tower.
- Visit to Lucca, for a tour of this charming town with its cathedral, Church of San Michele and well preserved city walls.
- 1 and a half days free at leisure in Montecantini Terme.
Day 8: Today we leave Tuscany, our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Hotel Manzoni, Montecatini Terme
Located in the heart of Montecatini Terme, the hotel is just a few steps away from the local spas. All rooms are tastefully decorated and feature telephone, hairdryer, satellite TV, air-conditioning, safe and WiFi.Back to top