Taste Of North Yorkshire
A fabulous tour which gives us a real taste of Yorkshire from Cheese to Beer! An included visit to The World of James Herriot makes for an interesting day and to round it off we spend a full day in the beautiful city of York.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Entrance to the World of James Herriot
· Tour & Tasting at Black Sheep Brewery
· ‘Wensleydale Cheese Experience’ – Tour & Museum Entry
· Full Day in York
· We make our way to Thirsk where we visit the World of James Herriot. The attraction covers the life and books of James Alfred Wright, who wrote under the pseudonym of James Herriot, and he became one of the most popular writers of the twentieth century. Located in the 1940’s period house that was the original practice, there really is so much to see & do here. Peter Wright from the Channel 5 series ‘The Yorkshire Vet’ was trained here. Following this visit we have free time in Thirsk to explore.
· We travel to Hawes where we enjoy a ‘Wensleydale Cheese Experience’. We learn about the history of the cheese and watch it being made before savouring the finished product. This afternoon we head for the Black Sheep Brewery where we enjoy a tour & tasting.
· We enjoy a free day in York to explore the many wonders this city has to offer. See exquisite architecture, stroll through quaint cobbled streets, visit iconic York Minster or simply watch the world go by whilst sipping a drink by the water.Back to top