Suffolk & Constables Country
Suffolk is a county with many charming and redeeming features; picturesque seaside resorts, agricultural landscapes of wheat fields, thatched cottages in rural villages and attractive market towns. Join us on these five-day breaks to explore the natural beauty Suffolk has to offer as well as enjoying a guided Constable Country tour.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Seaside Resorts of Southwold & Aldeburgh
- Full Day Guided Constable Country Tour
- Admission to Framlingham Castle
- Market town of Bury St Edmunds
- We meet up with our guide for a full day Constable Country tour. We enjoy a leisurely walk through the village of East Bergholt to learn about the Constable connections, the architecture, the church. From here we continue to Flatford and on to Dedham. During the afternoon we continue to Colchester.
- We enjoy a visit to Framlingham Castle to learn about its diverse and colourful past, from wealth to workhouse. Once home to some of the most formidable names of Tudor England, it was behind these walls that Mary Tudor was mustering her forces when she was proclaimed Queen of England. Following this visit we make our way to the coast to visit the lovely seaside resorts of Southwold and Aldeburgh before returning to the hotel.
- On Wednesday morning we make our way to Bury St. Edmunds, today is market day. Here we enjoy some free time to explore. Following our free time here we make our way back to the hotel through the pretty villages of Cavendish and Clare with their pastel coloured cottages before making a stop in Lavenham. One of the best-preserved villages with many colourful and half-timbered houses. After some free time here we return to the hotel.