Suffolk & Constable Country
Suffolk is a county with many charming and redeeming features; picturesque seaside resorts, agricultural landscapes of wheat fields, thatched cottages in rural villages and attractive market towns. Join us on these five-day breaks to explore the natural beauty Suffolk has to offer as well as enjoying a guided Constable Country tour.
- Full Day Guided Constable Country Tour
- Historic Market Town of Woodbridge
- Medieval Town of Bury St. Edmunds
- Seaside Resorts of Southwold & Aldeburgh
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Tuesday: We meet up with our guide for a full day Constable Country tour. We enjoy a leisurely walk through the village of East Bergholt to learn about the Constable connections, the architecture, the church. From here we continue to Flatford and on to Dedham. During the afternoon we continue to Colchester.
- Wednesday: This morning we make our way to Bury St. Edmunds, today is market day. Here we enjoy some free time to explore. Following our free time here we make our way back to the hotel making a stop at nearby Woodbridge, a historic market town located on the River Deben.
- Thursday: We enjoy a tour of the picturesque Suffolk Coast making a stop in Southwold, with its painted beach huts and lovely pier. Following some free time here we continue our journey to the pretty village of Thorpeness, with its pretty mock Tudor houses and fairytale ‘House in the Clouds’. We enjoy a little free time here giving us chance to obtain lunch before heading to our final destination of the day, Aldeburgh, which retains features from a bygone era.
Best Western Marks Tey Hotel, Colchester ~ 4 Star
A lovely 4 star hotel ideally situated for our visits on this tour. All of the en-suite bedrooms have LCD television with freeview channels, complimentary WiFi access, hairdryer, trouser press and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar, lounge, indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Sorry No Lift, however some ground floor bedrooms may be available.Back to top