Steam Trains, Grand Union Canal & Midlands Memories
- Duration: 5 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8223
- Travel Type: Coach
A great combination of Steam Trains, Canal Boat Trip and a visit to the excellent Black Country Living Museum, where you can discover the heritage & history of the West Midlands, as well as discovering how transport has evolved over the ages. As a contrast to this tour we also feature a visit to a beautiful stately home.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- 4 Nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
- Ride on the Severn Valley Railway
- Ride on the Great Central Railway
- Admission to the Black Country Living Museum
- Admission to Coventry Museum of British Road Transport
- Admission to Baddesley Clinton House
- Door to Door
· Ride on the Severn Valley Railway ~ at Kidderminster we join the train for a ride along the valley to Bridgnorth, passing through delightfully restored stations on the way.
· Ride on the Great Central Railway ~ a nostalgic 18 mile steam train ride from the outskirts of Leicester to Loughborough crossing picturesque Swithland Reservoir.
· Foxton Locks Canal Cruise ~ we board ‘Vagabond’, an elegant vintage motor launch for a trip on the Grand Union Canal, seeing the Foxton flight of 10 locks and gently passing through peaceful countryside.
· Admission to the Black Country Living Museum ~ an award winning open air living museum which tells the story of the world’s first industrial landscape. Maybe enjoy a ride on a tram, enjoy traditional fish & chips or have a pint in the Bottle & Glass (lunch & pint NOT included in the cost) plus there is so much more to see & do – a fantastic place to visit.
· Admission to Coventry Museum of British Road Transport ~ with over 400 artefacts and thousands of items of memorabilia from the golden age of cars & cycles.
· Admission to Baddesley Clinton House ~ an atmospheric moated house which has been a sanctuary since the 15th century, with three priest holes and peaceful gardens with fish pools, romantic lake and walled garden.Back to top