Southsea & Chichester Harbour Cruise
- Duration: 5 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8139
- Travel Type: Coach
A great tour for the Summer – stroll along Southsea seafront, visit the historic cathedral city of Chichester and enjoy a relaxing harbour cruise.
If you want to experience Portsmouth like a local, Southsea is an absolute must. It's more than your typical seaside resort with hotels and beaches; it's a thriving, cultural force that feels as real and tangible to those who live there as the pebbles on Southsea Beach.
Southsea emerged as a popular tourist destination during the Victorian era - which interestingly meant that the town was named after its castle, and not the other way around. Over the centuries since, Southsea has grown into a destination unlike any other.
One main benefit is that, being less than two miles wide and 1.5 miles long, the entire Southsea area is walkable for most. It's also incredibly flat, meaning those walks feel like a breeze. Not that you're likely to do it all in one go, of course, as there will be plenty of attractions along the way to pique your interest.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Cathedral City of Chichester
· Chichester Harbour Cruise
· Lovely Georgian Town of Alresford
· Nostalgic Trip on the Mid-Hants Railway
· We enjoy a visit to the cathedral city of Chichester. Cosmopolitan, fashionably elegant and unashamedly quirky, Chichester is made for exploring with its ancient circular walls, unique nooks & crannies. This afternoon we make our way to Itchenor Harbour where we join our boat to enjoy a relaxing and scenic Chichester Harbour Cruise (subject to weather conditions).
· We visit the lovely Georgian town of Alresford, with its colour-washed houses, riverside walks and specialist shops. In the afternoon we enjoy our trip on the Mid-Hants Railway, also known as the Watercress Line. The railway was once used to transport passengers as well as local Watercress and other produce up to market at Covent Garden and beyond.Back to top