Southsea & Chichester Harbour Cruise & Gin
- Duration: 5 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8139
- Travel Type: Coach
A great tour for the Summer – stroll along Southsea seafront, visit the historic cathedral city of Chichester and enjoy a relaxing harbour cruise.
If you want to experience Portsmouth like a local, Southsea is an absolute must. It's more than your typical seaside resort with hotels and beaches; it's a thriving, cultural force that feels as real and tangible to those who live there as the pebbles on Southsea Beach.
Southsea emerged as a popular tourist destination during the Victorian era - which interestingly meant that the town was named after its castle, and not the other way around. Over the centuries since, Southsea has grown into a destination unlike any other.
One main benefit is that, being less than two miles wide and 1.5 miles long, the entire Southsea area is walkable for most. It's also incredibly flat, meaning those walks feel like a breeze. Not that you're likely to do it all in one go, of course, as there will be plenty of attractions along the way to pique your interest.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Cathedral City of Chichester
- Chichester Harbour Cruise
- Englands Ancient Capital - Winchester
- Tour & Tasting at Bombay Sapphire
- Time at Leisure in Southsea
- 11 Single Rooms Available
* We enjoy a visit to the cathedral city of Chichester. Cosmopolitan, fashionably elegant and unashamedly quirky, Chichester is made for exploring with its ancient circular walls, unique nooks & crannies. This afternoon we make our way to Itchenor Harbour where we join our boat to enjoy a relaxing and scenic Chichester Harbour Cruise (subject to weather conditions).
* We visit England’s Ancient Capital and former seat of King Alfred the Great ~ Winchester. This perfect English city is on the edge of the South Downs National Park and combines elegance with rural idyll. Winchester is packed with historic buildings, monuments and museums. After spending some free time here we continue to Whitchurch where we visit the Bombay Sapphire Distillery. Discover the artistry and heritage at the state-of-the-art distillery, set astride the banks of the River Test. Go behind the scenes and discover how ten exotic botanicals from around the world are infused to make this famous Gin. And then sit back in The Mill Bar and enjoy a complimentary drinkBack to top