South Shields, Pennines & The Coast
On this summer tour, we take in the beauty of the Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Catherine Cookson country and South Shields, as well as the edge of the Yorkshire Moors, visiting the seaside towns of Redcar and Saltburn-by-the-sea.
* South Shields & Catherine Cookson Country
* Redcar & Saltburn-by-the-Sea
* Market Town of Northallerton
* Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
* Stanhope, Alston & Barnard Castle
* One Night Hotel Entertainment
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- We head to South Shields, home of the late Catherine Cookson, where we pick-up our guide. We enjoy the guided commentary as we head along the coast road past Marsden Bay, Whitburn & Seaburn and back to South Shields, where we enjoy a little free time. In the afternoon we return to Darlington where we have a free afternoon.
- We drive to the thriving market town of Northallerton where we have time to explore before making our way to Saltburn, home to the first pier to be built on the north east coast. Following our free time here we continue along the coast to Redcar, home of the newest pier to be built – but this one is vertical!
- We head through the countryside to the small market town of Stanhope, right on the edge of the Pennines, where we make a stop. Afterwards, we head through the rugged terrain of the North Pennines to the town of Alston, with a chance to explore. Following this visit we make our way over scenic hills to Barnard Castle, a market town, where we have chance to explore.
Blackwell Grange Hotel ~ 4 Star
The 4-star rated Blackwell Grange Hotel is a beautiful 17th century mansion peacefully situated in nine acres of its own grounds. All of the bedrooms are en-suite and have TV, radio, telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee makers. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar & lounge, heated indoor swimming pool, spa and sauna. Lift.Back to top