- Duration: 5 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL949
- Travel Type: Coach
- Excursions: 2
Sidmouth is a beautiful coastal town with a regency feel which is ideal for visitors of all ages. Sat in the middle of spectacular countryside Sidmouth is home to beautiful beaches, stylish eating places and great shopping, with everything from unusual gifts, designer clothing and lifestyle goods available.
Sidmouth lies on the Jurassic Coast and the coastline is dominated by the vivid red sandstone cliff which date back to the Triassic period. Along the front is the Millennium Walkway which stretches the length of the beach, which is made of pebbles, providing the perfect background for an afternoon stroll. Sidmouth Beach is a perfect family friendly beach, ideal for safe swimming and building sandcastles with great on site facilities
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Breakfasts & Evening Meals at the hotel
- Some entertainment
· We make our way to the pretty harbour village of West Bay, a gateway town to the Jurassic Coast and where the ITV drama ‘Broadchurch’ was filmed. After spending some free time here we continue to Weymouth with its clean golden sand and fine Georgian seafront, where we spend the rest of the day before returning to Sidmouth.
· We make our way to Tiverton in time to join our barge for our horse-drawn canal trip on the Grand Western Canal. Being one of the last remaining horse-drawn barges in the UK, a trip on the “Tivertonian” offers a unique and memorable experience of yesteryear. Following our canal trip we make our way to the cathedral city of Exeter, where we have chance to explore before returning to the hotel.
- We enjoy an excursion which takes us to the delightful seaside resort of Weymouth with its beautiful golden sands and pretty harbourside.
- We make our way to The English Riviera making a stop in lovely Torquay with its swaying palm trees, elegant Victorian Villas, pretty marina and sweeping sandy beach.
Royal York & Faulkner
The Royal York and Faulkner Hotel is a magnificent Regency Hotel with an unrivalled position on Sidmouth’s elegant Esplanade. Guests can enjoy glorious sea-views from balconies offering uninterrupted views of Sidmouth beach, Lyme Bay and the red rock Jurassic cliffs of East Devon’s coastline.
Just a stone’s throw from the beach and the picturesque town centre, our seafront hotel is the perfect choice for a relaxing break in the unspoilt seaside resort of Sidmouth. During your stay you may choose to visit the unique little shops in the town or take a stroll along the Esplanade. If you are feeling energetic, take a walk to the top of Salcombe or Peak Hills to get a fantastic view of the bay and the town. Or, you could just hire a deckchair and watch the world go by.
The hotel has been run by the Hook family for three generations. It is renowned for its traditional hospitality, friendly service and attention to detail. Guests have the choice of three comfortable and beautifully furnished ground floor lounges. There is also the stunning sea view lounge bar where guests can take in wonderful sea views whilst relaxing with a drink or light lunch.
Many of our comfortable well-appointed guest bedrooms enjoy sea-views. The very sought after deluxe rooms lead to the balcony. Here guests can relax and enjoy splendid views of the Esplanade and Lyme Bay. Our individually furnished bedrooms differ in style, size and décor. Some are more traditional, befitting this fine Regency building, whilst others have a more modern and contemporary style.
There are also two private suites, which offer added space and privacy. Both have balconies with the same splendid sea views of the famous South West coastline.Back to top