Shannon Surprise & River Cruise
New for 2021
Explore timeless Tipperary and the Shannon Region on a guided river cruise plus days out to Limerick and Clare, with traditional Irish storytelling, live music and local entertainment included.
* Return Ferry, Holyhead – Dublin
* Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens
* Foynes Flying Boat Museum
* Lough Derg Cruise
* Bunratty Folk Park
* Killaloe Hotel Entertainment Package Includes: Welcome Reception followed by Chef’s bread-making demo, After Dinner Talk on Killaloe by local Historian, Irish Night with traditional menu & Irish Music, Live Music in the Bar on another night
Seven Oaks Hotel on first night – Evening Meal & Breakfast
Lakeside Hotel – Evening Meals & Breakfasts
Seven Oaks Hotel on last night – Evening Meal only
Return Ferry – Full breakfast on-board
Please Note: To reach the hotel’s private jetty from where the Lough Derg cruise departs, there are 29 steps with handrails and 2 rest points.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Saturday: Outward Journey & Ferry to Ireland and on to overnight hotel.
- Sunday: Following breakfast at our overnight hotel we continue our journey to Co. Clare making a stop at The Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens for our included visit. From here we continue to our main hotel in Killaloe.
- Monday: A leisurely morning before heading down to the Lakeside where we board the Spirit of Killaloe for a scenic cruise on lovely Lough Derg, part of the River Shannon’s extensive water course. In the afternoon we venture into Co. Tipperary making a visit to the small heritage town of Cahir, with its own castle built on an island in the River Suir.
- Tuesday: We head to Co. Limerick where we enjoy a visit to the Foynes Flying Boat Museum, a unique chapter in the country’s aviation history. Enjoy the attached Maritime Museum and why not take time to sample a traditional Irish Coffee, which was invented, by accident, here at Foynes. We also enjoy some free time in Limerick City, birthplace of Sir Terry Wogan and Richard Harris, where you will have time to explore.
- Wednesday: Today we head to Bunratty with its beautifully preserved medieval castle and adjoining folk park, Blarney Woollen Mills and Ireland’s oldest pub. We have time to enjoy and explore at our own pace.
- Thursday: We leave Killaloe and head back to our overnight hotel in Carlow making a stop en-route in Cashel, with its Rock which overlooks the Plains of Tipperary.
- Friday:Return Ferry & journey home.
The Lakeside Hotel, Killaloe, Co. Clare ~ 4-Star
A stunning family run, independent hotel in Killaloe with landscaped gardens on the edge of Lough Derg. All bedrooms are en-suite and equipped with TV, Iron & Ironing Board, Hairdryer, in-room safe and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant & lounge bar. Sorry No Lift, however, some ground floor rooms may be available.Back to top