Sailing & Steaming In The Welsh Borders
Join us on this new tour for 2018.
Our base for the 3 night break is the Buckatree Hall Hotel, Telford, Shropshire, a renowned comfortable country house with its own mature gardens and private lake.
The outward journey includes a lunch stop at Ludlow.
Day excursions include Shrewsbury and Welshpool.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Door to Door Pick-up
- 3 nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
- Lunch Stop in Ludlow
- Day Excursion to Shrewsbury
- Day Excursion to Welshpool & Church Stretton
- On our outward journey we make our way to Ludlow, one of England's finest surviving medieval towns, set in a wooded bend of the River Teme, around a magnificent castle. We have a chance to explore this delightful town with its Tudor, Elizabethan and Georgian architecture. Following our free time here we make our way to the Buckatree Hall Hotel for our 3 nights stay.
- A scenic drive takes us through lovely scenery to Ironbridge and Much Wenlock before heading north to historic Shrewsbury. The town is full of timber framed black & white buildings amongst narrow alleyways surrounded by the River Severn. This afternoon we enjoy a cruise on the River Severn.
- An excursion which takes us to the Welshpool and Llanfair Railway. This line, formerly part of the old Great Western Railway passes through delightful scenery on the way to Llanfair Caereinion. Here we take a break before catching our return train to Welshpool where we re-join the coach. From here we drive to the pleasant market town of Church Stretton for some free time before returning to the hotel.