Royal Sandringham And English Shires
As part of this tour, we discover part of England’s smallest and arguably prettiest county, Rutland, with a visit to historic Stamford. We also call in at Barnsdale Garden, enjoy a trip on the Grand Union Canal, see the Foxton flight of 10 locks and take time to visit Sandringham House and Boughton House.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Sandringham House & Gardens
· Barnsdale Gardens
· Historic Stamford
· Foxton Locks & Grand Union Canal Trip
· Boughton House
· Hotel Entertainment on one evening
· We pass Rutland Water as we head for historic Stamford, where we enjoy some free time. Take a walk around the town with its beautiful architecture, delightful shops and abundance of coffee shops & pubs. Following this visit we make our way to Barnsdale Gardens, familiar to many TV viewers as home of the late Geoff Hamilton and Gardeners World.
· We make our way to the little village of Foxton. Here we board ‘Vagabond’ an elegant vintage motor launch for our trip on the Grand Union Canal. We see the Foxton flight of 10 locks as we gently pass through the peaceful countryside. This afternoon we make our way to Boughton House. The house has been the home of the Montagus and their descendents since 1528 and is now the home of the 10th Duke of Buccleuch and his family.
· We head east to Kings Lynn, a medieval port situated on the River Great Ouse for a short stop. We then continue to Sandringham House for our included visit to the House & Grounds.Back to top