Picturesque Pembrokeshire & Beautiful Gower
The natural beauty of the Pembrokeshire coast and the Gower peninsula are famed all over the world. Glorious sandy beaches and seemingly endless rugged coastline give way to the Preseli Hills, historic towns and little villages. For these tours we stay in Carmarthen, ideal for visiting this delightful corner of Wales.
- Beautiful Seaside Town of Tenby
- Picton Castle & Woodland Garden
- St. David’s and St. Bride’s Bay
- Mumbles & The Gower Peninsula
- Cream Tea and Gower Guided Tour
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- We travel west to the popular seaside resort of Tenby with its old town walls, interesting little side streets and alleyways. We have free time here to explore before making our way to Picton Castle & Woodland Garden. Regarded as Pembrokeshire’s finest stately home and gardens, Picton is situated close to the estuary of the Cleddau River.
- We head south through Kidwelly and on to the picture postcard resort of Mumbles, delightfully located on Swansea Bay. This afternoon we make the short drive to the Gower Heritage Centre at Parkmill where we meet our guide for a tour taking us to the beautiful unspoilt scenery of the Gower Peninsula. We then return to the Gower Heritage Centre where we enjoy a cream tea before heading back to the hotel.
- A drive to St. Bride’s Bay and Newgale Sands to the magical place of St. David’s, birthplace of the patron saint of Wales. David’s has a beautiful Cathedral, the smallest in Great Britain and is well worth a visit. We head back to the hotel around the Preseli Mountains.
Ivy Bush Royal Hotel, Carmarthen ~ 3 Star
This 3-star standard hotel is within walking distance of Carmarthen town centre and was once a favourite retreat for Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton. Sympathetically modernised, the hotel retains its old-world charm blended with modern day facilities. All the bedrooms are en-suite and have television, telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee makers. Lift.Back to top