Perthshire & The Angus Coastline
Perthshire is a region of breathtaking variety, from its serene glens and endless expanse of lush forest to its bleakly beautiful moors, rushing rivers and tumbling waterfalls. We also take time to visit the Angus Coastline with stops in Arbroath, home of the ‘smokie’, and the lovely coastal town of Montrose.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Admission to Scone Palace & Gardens
· Attractive Village of Dunkeld
· Victorian Town of Pitlochry
· Tour & Tasting at Edradour Distillery
· Angus Coastline – visiting Montrose & Arbroath
· We make the short journey to Scone Palace, The Crowning Place of Scottish Kings. This is a 5 star Visitor Attraction and is a great place to visit. With its exciting and colourful history Scone Palace is one of Scotland’s most important stately homes. It has been the seat of parliaments and the crowning place of the Kings of Scots, including Macbeth and Robert the Bruce. We also have time to explore the gardens & grounds. Following this visit we make our way back to Perth where the rest of the day is at leisure.
· A scenic excursion as we make our way to the attractive village of Dunkeld, dominated by its cathedral. Explore the specialist shops in Atholl Street, walk by the river and see brightly coloured ’little houses’, built in the 1700’s. After some free time here we continue to the Victorian town of Pitlochry, the largest town in Highland Perthshire. We spend some free time here before making our way to Edradour Distillery for our tour & tasting to end the day.
· We enjoy the day exploring the Angus coastline as we head to the coastal town of Montrose with an attractive town centre and wide sandy beach. Following some free time here we head back making a stop in Arbroath, with its attractive old harbour, long sandy beach and Arbroath Abbey, near the town centre. Following this visit we make our way back to the hotel.Back to top