Oxford, Morse & Midsomer Murders
The Thames Valley region is home to many magnificent landscapes and is a great destination to visit at any time of year. We feature: Oxford; Henley-on-Thames and ‘Midsomer Murders’ Country. A visit to Hughenden Manor, Country home of the Victorian statesman Benjamin Disraeli, completes this delightful tour.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Filming Locations of ‘Midsomer Murders’ Country
· Guided Walking Tour of Oxford
· Old Amersham
· Hughenden Manor
· We make the short drive which takes us to the beautiful city of Oxford, where we meet our guide. We enjoy a gentle guided walking tour where our guide will point out the familiar scenes well known to followers of Inspector Morse and Lewis, his successor. We then have free time to explore the city further.
· We are joined by a guide on the coach who will escort us on an excursion through the beautiful little towns, villages and rolling hills of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire as featured in ‘Midsomer Murders’. We also visit picturesque Henley-on-Thames, home of the famous Regatta, where we have time to explore.
· We enjoy a visit to the market town of Old Amersham, with its broad high street lined with half-timbered period cottages, elegant shops & boutiques. This afternoon we make our way to Hughenden Manor, the country home of the Victorian statesman Benjamin Disraeli, with its charming gardens.Back to top