The Burton Agnes Orchid Festival this March is a celebration of the beauty and diversity of orchids. There will be magnificent displays of vibrantly coloured and gently fragrant flowers, and expert advice available.
On the weekend of the 5th and 6th March 2016, the Elizabethan Great Hall will be filled with some of nature's most intriguing flowers. Local orchid expert Ray Creek will give talks, slide shows and specialist advice about growing and caring for your own orchids. Visitors can also buy plants from the widest selection in the area, and other orchid related goods, from stalls around the Hall's ground floor.
After marvelling at the displays of orchids, visitors can wander in the woodland walk to catch the final days of the snowdrop opening (included in the admission price). Visitors are also welcomed to the courtyard, where the shops will be stocked with new season’s stock, home grown plants will be sold and the cafe will serve home cooked meals and delicious treats throughout the weekend.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· A visit to Sheffield Botanical Gardens
· Orchid Festival at Burton Agnes
· Entrance to Hardwick Hall
· On the outward journey we visit Sheffield Botanical Gardens, covering 19 acres and were first opened in 1836. Following this visit we continue our journey to Hull and on to our hotel.
· Free time to explore the medieval market town of Beverley. The town is famous for its 13th century minster, market & music. Following free time here we continue to Burton Agnes for the orchid Festival. See magnificent displays of vibrantly coloured and gentle fragrant flowers. The Elizabethan Great Hall will be filled with some of nature’s most intriguing flowers. Visitors also have the opportunity to buy plants from the widest selection in the area together with other orchid related goods. After marvelling at the displays of orchids why not wander in the woodland to catch the final displays of snowdrops.
· A visit to Hardwick Hall, an Elizabethan masterpiece. Our ticket includes a visit to the house and gardens. From here we continue making our journey home.Back to top