With a variety of splendid scenery, contrasting countryside, historic towns, rugged coastlines and rolling hills, Northumbria has it all!
- Alnwick & Northumbrian Coast
- Cathedral City of Durham
- Catherine Cookson Country & Coast
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Tuesday: We head for the coast and South Shields, home of the late Catherine Cookson. Continuing past Marsden Bay, Whitburn and Seaburn before turning inland across to the ancient and historic City of Durham, acclaimed as a World Heritage Site and dominated by the magnificent Norman Cathedral and Castle. Following some free time here we make our way back to the hotel.
- Wednesday: We take the road north, past Blyth and Ashington to Amble, Warkworth and historic Alnwick. We have time here to explore before returning south to Morpeth for a short break before making our way back to the hotel.
- Thursday: A free day for you to explore and enjoy Newcastle. Just a short walk along the quayside from your hotel is the Millennium ‘Winking Eye’ bridge and Newcastle’s famous quayside. Enjoy a riverside stroll or take a walk into the city centre for some retail therapy in Eldon Square shopping centre.
Millennium Copthorne Hotel, Newcastle ~ 4 Star
The 4-star standard Millennium Copthorne Hotel stands in one of the finest locations in Newcastle, on the River Tyne and just a short stroll from the city centre. All of the bedrooms are en-suite and have satellite TV and all the modern-day facilities you would expect from a hotel of this standard. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar, indoor swimming pool, solarium and gym. Lift.Back to top