Northern Ireland - Tapestries & Thrones
A new itinerary for 2018 which includes a unique invitation to morning tea & scones at Hillsborough Castle, the Queen’s official residence in Northern Ireland, an absorbing Irish Linen tour, a visit to Glenarm Castle Walled Garden and a half-day guided coach tour of Belfast.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Cairnryan – Belfast, return ferry
· Hillsborough Castle – guided tour and morning tea & scones
· Admission to Thomas Ferguson Irish Linen
· Admission to Glenarm Castle Walled Garden
· Half-Day Guided Coach Tour of Belfast
· We make our way to City Hall, where we meet our guide for a fascinating and informative coach tour of the industrious city of Belfast. Following our guided tour the rest of the day is at leisure to explore at your own pace. Maybe take time to visit the Botanical Gardens, Ulster Museum, the Albert Memorial Clock or the National Trust owned Crown Liquor Saloon. There is so much to see in Belfast.
· We head up through the Glens of Antrim to visit the delightful Walled Garden at Glenarm Castle. Originally designed to supply produce for the castle table, the garden is now filled with exciting flowers and specimen plants adding great colour to this charming setting. Following this visit we continue along the beautiful Antrim Coast Road known for its magnificent sea views as we make our way back to the hotel.
· There’s a treat in store today with a rare visit to the Queen’s official residence in Northern Ireland, Hillsborough Castle. Here we enjoy a guided tour of this elegant mansion including the majestic throne room and there will be time to explore the gardens. Following our guided tour we indulge in morning tea & scones which will be served in one of the staterooms. Following this visit there will be free time to explore Hillsborough town itself with its Georgian architecture and visitor centre with an original courtroom exhibit. We re-join our coach and make our way to the Thomas Ferguson Irish Linen at Banbridge, producers of the finest damask table linen as used in Buckingham Palace, for our included visit.Back to top