New England In The Fall
- Duration: 11 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8119
- Travel Type: Air
New England is in the northeastern region of the United States and is known for its Colonial past, Atlantic coastline and dramatic autumn colours. A redesigned itinerary for 2018 as a 3 centre holiday, you will journey through its most iconic & historical locations at the most glorious and colourful time of year.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to London for your flight to Boston. On arrival we will be welcomed by our Tour Manager and our local coach for the transfer to our hotel in Plymouth, our base for the next 4 nights.
During our holiday, the following itinerary and excursion will be included:
- Full day tour of Plymouth and Cape Cod. A visit to Plimoth Plantation is included; a living history museum it showcases the original settlement of Plymouth colony established in the 17th century.
- Drive round Cape Cod with free time in the town of Chatham. Stop at the Kennedy Memorial and the historic Kennedy Compound during a harbour cruise in Hyannis.
- Tour of the city of Boston where we will enjoy historic sites and architecturally important neighborhoods such as Back Bay, Copley Square and Beacon Hill. Travel along the Freedom Trail, see Paul Revere’s House and visit the Old North Church. After seeing the waterfront district, the tour ends at Quincy Market where there will be free time.
- Explore the maritime city of Newport, located in America’s smallest state of Rhode Island. After an orientation tour we visit Breakers, one of the impressive mansions for which the city is known.
- The historic towns of Lexington and Concord, where we follow the Battle Trail. Stand on the Lexington Green and relive the battle of April 19th, 1775. In Concord, visit the North Bridge and listen to the historic echo of ‘the shot heard round the world’.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in the town of Meredith in the state of New Hampshire, located by the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee.
- A full day touring the White Mountains. First port of call is at the town of North Conway, set in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire and home to nearly one hundred stores, fine art galleries and factory outlets. Continuing up through Bretton Woods in the heart of the White Mountains and on to Flume Gorge; a stunning, natural granite gorge extending 800 feet at the base of Mount Liberty in Franconia Notch State Park.
- Drive along the Kancamagus Highway, regarded as one of the most scenic byways in New England.
- Cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee and drive through the Green Mountains of Vermont and the beautiful, historic town of Woodstock.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in the city of Portland, Maine.
- Lighthouse Lovers Cruise where you will enjoy a 90-minute scenic cruise through busy Casco Bay and its innermost islands to see lighthouses, forts, lobster boats, seals and seabirds.
- The quintessential New England coastal town of Kennebunkport, home of former President George Bush.
- Walk the Marginal Way, a mile-long, paved footpath along Maine’s scenic coastline.
The walk finishes at Perkins Cove, a safe harbour for the town’s fishing boats and home to a variety of seafood restaurants, lobster shacks and quaint shops.
- A scenic journey along Cape Ann and the historic coastal town of Rockport, Massachusetts.
Day 10: A little free time in Boston before heading to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
Day 11: On arrival back in London, your Door to Door service will be waiting to meet you and transfer you safely home.
- Door to Door Service
- Airport transfers at destination
- Return flights
- All airport transfers and coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- 4 nights accommodation at the Hotel 1620, Plymouth, MA
- 3 nights accommodation at the Inn at Mill Falls, Meredith, NH
- 2 nights accommodation at the Holiday Inn by the Bay, Portland, ME
- Daily breakfast
- 9 dinners (plus airline meals)
- All entrance fees where applicable
- Services of a U.S Cito Tour Manager throughout
- All taxes and baggage handling
- Driver and guide gratuities
Single room supplement: £795Back to top