Mature Singles ~ 'It's Not A Long Way To Tipperary
- Duration: 5 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8172
- Travel Type: Coach
Based in County Tipperary, in the heart of Ireland, we explore this delightful region with a visit to the characterful town of Birr, include a visit to Birr Castle Gardens, enjoy a tour & tasting at a whiskey distillery and discover Ireland’s Prettiest Village, Adare, in County Limerick plus much more.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Holyhead – Dublin, return ferry
· Admission to Birr Castle Gardens
· Tour & Tasting at Tullamore DEW Distillery
· Attractive Town of Cahir
· Ireland’s Prettiest Village – Adare
· Limerick, with its rich medieval past
· We make our way to the elegant town of Birr which has stayed true to its 18th & 19th century character with tree lined malls, avenues and wonderful Georgian architecture. Whilst here we include a visit to Birr Castle Gardens, where you can explore the largest formal gardens in Ireland and have the opportunity to view Birr’s world famous engineering and astronomical wonder, the 150 year old Great Telescope. Following this visit we head for Tullamore DEW distillery where we enjoy a tour & tasting prior to returning to the hotel.
· We enjoy a scenic day as we first explore County Tipperary making a stop at the attractive & elegant town of Cahir, developed around the magnificent 13th century Cahir Castle. Following some free time here we continue our journey which takes us into County Limerick and a stop in Adare. Known as Ireland’s prettiest village, Adare has beautiful stone buildings, thatched cottages, shops, traditional pubs and a heritage centre. After our free time here we make our way back to the hotel.
· We enjoy a morning visit to Limerick, a bustling modern city with a rich medieval past which resounds around its ancient streets. In the afternoon we head back to Roscrea, one of the oldest & most historic towns in Ireland, where we have chance to explore before returning to the hotel.Back to top