Mature Singles - Cambridge, Ely & Rural Essex
A range of holidays designed with the single traveller in mind with Single Rooms Galore!
We have been operating our ‘Mature Singles’ holidays for a number of years with all of our single passengers in mind. The majority of rooms we have on allocation at the hotels are for sole occupancy and what’s more – there is NO single supplement to pay.
From our base near Cambridge we feature Bury St. Edmunds and Ely, a tour of Cambridge including the American Cemetery and some delightful Essex villages and countryside.
* University City of Cambridge
* Guided Coach Tour of Cambridge & visit The American Cemetery
* Bury St. Edmunds
* Cathedral City of Ely
* Rural Essex – Finchingfield & Thaxted
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Holiday Inn Hotel, Cambridge ~ 4 Star
The Holiday Inn Hotel is just a short drive from Cambridge city centre. All the bedrooms are en-suite and have TV, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar, lounge and leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool. Sorry No Lift, however, the hotel only has 2 floors and there may be some ground floor rooms available.
- We head south for a delightful day touring around rural Essex. Our route takes us past Saffron Walden to the historic town of Thaxted, with its famous Guildhall and restored windmill. We continue to idyllic Finchingfield, a picture-postcard Essex village, complete with village pond, redbrick cottages and several tea rooms/cafes.
- We make our way to the city of Ely, where you have free time to explore. Some suggestions of what to do: Ely Cathedral; Stained Glass Museum; Oliver Cromwell’s House; Ely Museum or just relax and watch the world go by at the Riverside. Following our free time here we head for the market town of Bury St. Edmunds where we spend the rest of the day.
- We head for the University City of Cambridge. The city has many fascinating attractions, not least of which the many colleges. We meet up with our guide, who will join us on the coach for our sightseeing tour of Cambridge ending with a visit to the American Cemetery. The rest of the day is then at leisure to explore the city on foot.