Madeira, The Island Of Eternal Spring
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TELL8096
- Travel Type: Air
Delight in the enchanting gardens and picturesque villages on the beautiful Island of Madeira. From our base near the capital of Funchal, our included excursions offer you the best the island has to offer.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Madeira. On arrival, our local coach will transfer us to the Golden Residence Hotel, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions will be included:
- Guided tour of Funchal, including the Old Town, the market, an embroidery factory and a visit to a local wine cellar where you will be able to sample Madeira Wine.
- Camacha, one of the most rural and picturesque villages in Madeira, well known for the wicker basket industry and colourful folklore.
- Pico do Arieiro which at over 1800 meters high is the third highest peak on the island.
- Portela, which overlooks the north coast of the island, a superb photo shoot opportunity and the historic city of Machico, the second most populated on the island.
- Visit the typical fishing village of Camara de Lobos.
- Lunch at a local taverna-restaurant and photo stop at Cabo Girao, the world’s second highest cape at 580 meters.
- A day of beautiful gardens: The Gardens of Quinta do Palheiro Ferreiro, which have the most valuable and exotic plants on Madeira, and also its views over Funchal city and the Botanical Gardens of Madeira.
- 2 full free days to relax and enjoy the hotel’s facilities or explore Funchal further at your own pace.
Day 8: Today we leave Madeira. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.
Door to Door Service
Airport transfers at the destination
7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the Golden Residence Hotel
Side sea view rooms
Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
All entrance fees, where applicable
English speaking local guides during the excursions
Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Single room supplement: £250