Ludlow & The County Of Shropshire
Along the upper reaches of the River Severn and the borders between England & Wales, the countryside of Shropshire shelters some of the most beautiful landscapes and unspoilt towns that you can imagine.
- Ludlow & Wenlock Edge
- Shrewsbury & River Severn Cruise
- Severn Valley Railway
- Georgian Bewdley
- Ironbridge – Museum of the Gorge
- Acton Scott Historic Working Farm
- Cream Tea in Stourport-on-Severn
- Hotel Entertainment on 2 Evenings
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- We begin our day with a drive along picturesque Wenlock Edge to the little village of Acton Scott. Here we visit the Historic Working Farm, conceived to keep alive 19th century farming practices and offers a great insight into life on a Victorian country estate. Following this visit we head for the medieval town of Ludlow with its imposing castle at the top of the town square.
- We head for Shrewsbury with its timber framed black & white buildings amongst narrow alleyways surrounded by the River Severn. While here we enjoy a cruise on the River Severn. In the afternoon we visit the impressive Ironbridge Gorge where the world’s first iron bridge forms the centre of this World Heritage Site. We take time to visit the Museum of the Gorge for a brief insight into life at the dawn of the Industrial Revolution.
- We head to Bridgnorth where we join the famous Severn Valley Railway for a delightful ride along the beautiful Severn Valley on the way to Kidderminster. Upon arrival we re-join our coach and make the short journey to the lovely Severnside town of Bewdley where we have free time. Following our time here we make our way to the Hallmark Stourport Manor Hotel where we enjoy a delicious cream tea before heading back to our hotel.
Buckatree Hall Hotel ~ 3 Star
This 3-star hotel is a renowned comfortable country house with its own mature gardens and private lake. All of the bedrooms are en-suite with television and tea/coffee making facilities and many of them enjoy scenic views of the hotel’s own lake & gardens. The hotel offers a restaurant, lounge & bar. Lift, doesn’t serve all floors.Back to top