Lakes, Rails & Sails
The Lake District, such a beautiful part of the UK, with its sparkling lakes, secret valleys and picturesque towns & villages. For this holiday we include a range of attractions from a Steam Train, Lake Cruise, Stately Hall, Castle and Gardens to The World of Beatrix Potter.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
· Lakeside & Haverthwaite Steam Railway
· Windermere Lake Cruise
· The World of Beatrix Potter
· Entrance to Holker Hall & Gardens
· Entrance to Muncaster Castle & Gardens
· Entertainment at the hotel on 2 Evenings
· We make our way to Haverthwaite where we join the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway which takes us to Lakeside Station. Then, at Lakeside Pier we join our boat for our lake cruise to Bowness, where you have chance to explore. In the afternoon we take time to visit the World of Beatrix Potter.
· We visit Holker Hall & Gardens, home of the Cavendish family, set in exceptionally beautiful countryside with gardens that merge into parkland. Enjoy The Gallery, Library, Drawing Room and Queen Mary’s Bedroom. There will be time to explore the 25 acres of gardens too. Following this visit we make a brief stop in Ulverston before continuing to Muncaster for our included visit of the castle & gardens.
· We visit the delightful market town Keswick, where we have time at leisure to explore. We return to the hotel via beautiful Ullswater.Back to top